Discuss Hello in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Dan83

Hi Im Dan Im a total electrical Noob
I am looking to join a college course in september and ended up on here looking for advice so I thought id join and have a read

So Hello everyone

Hi Dan welcome

We are all guilty of that from time to time.:) As far as courses are concerned where do you live and how far are you willing to travel

Cgrus

Hi
I live in Croydon Surrey
Travel wise I will go anywhere i can get a place on a decent course (within reason)
had an interview with Lambet college last week and was offered a place on the Electrical Instalations EAL level 3
Which is a 2 year full time course.
but im under a lot of confusion whether I need to do this course or the C&G 2330 level 2&3
I am not yet sure if I will be doing domestic work or anything else so I dont want anything to restrict me

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Dan

great thanks ill get in touch tomorrow and see how much they want
im currently out of work after a messy redundancy so funds are limited unless there is some help avalable

also other thing in question is maths is not one of my strong points
im a fully qualified yamaha trained motorcycle technician with 10 years experiance so I like to think im not a complete dummy !
how hard is the maths based parts of the training ?

HI Dan and Welcome to the community!:D

The maths is quite tough, I must say. But if you study hard, you'll get there.

Good Luck

Maths is not a great issue at the start domestic installer course is more or less ohms law only. If cash is tight it might be better to do the EAL VRQ that is all you need. Register with NICEIC or similar and pass the C&G 2382 within 12 months.

Best to check total costs including joining a body, insurance etc etc.

Good luck

Chris

Reply to Hello in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock