Discuss Hello in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DavidM

Evening all.

As you probably guessed I would love to train as a sparky (new builds commercial/industrial is my preference - but wouldn't turn anything down!) and it would appear I've signed up to a great site for what I'm looking for - advice mainly.

I wasn't too confident of ever getting in to the industry before I visited here, thinking that companies would only be interested in employing school leavers but after reading some member's stories I'm pleased to say that's changed.

I'd like to think I have a slight advantage over many people who register here as I've got qualifications and experience of electrical work - although it is from 2002.
I was an apprentice maintenance technician and while here I got an NVQ2 in Performing Engineering Ops. and a BTeC NC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Problem was, I never got an NVQ3 which would be a great help at the moment!

I'm not currently enrolled on a course, what with it being mid-academic year, but plan on researching C&G 2330 (more than likely the best bet too) . Also, I have just recently started writing off to companies for employment, however, these are long established multi-million pound companies so maybe I'm looking in the wrong area?

Anway, before I ramble on into a life story, I hope this site can be of great benefit to me and others who're registered here!

David, theres a few of us that have started out with an electrical maintenance background

I did my BTEC NC in Electrical Engineering way back in 84/85, and just worked away at it since then. (I have never done the 2330 though!) You may be surprised as to how much you allready know!

go for it!

there are many cats and many ways to skin them learn,earn drink beer !!!!!

Reply to Hello in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock