Discuss help 4 nic inspecter in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

carl sparks

hi just want to make a list of things i need ready for the man:D

1 wot docs do i need and where can i get them from
2 wot certs do i need
3 wot do i need off labc
4 wot id do i need
5 wot test instruments do need for him to see
6 wot does he bring with him
7 and finally wot happens at the end of it all:confused::eek:

he cirrus i did but they dont tell u nothing they only ask u 4 payment just like to know wot u need to make sure ive got everything when he comes and not start scrathing my b---s and trying to think of sh-t to make up:D

haha oh ok but if I was paying that much cash out then I make damn sure I am armed with the relevant info in order to prepare myself.

Not gone through the process myself yet but there are plenty on here that have / are so am sure someone will give ya some pointers soon;)

they send all the kinds of stuff out first of all, lots of leaflets telling you about there rules etc, what you need is in amongst all this, have you received anything in the post back from them yet??

1. BS7671 / osg / 2mill pli / EAWR / part P doc / calbration cert for meter(s) / complaints log / health & safety policy / log of certificate serial numbers issued.
  2. Any certificates that you have issued for the work you are being assessed on.
  3. Nothing ( so far as i know).
  4. Tools & steps.
  5. All that you have used on the work you are being assessed on (make sure they are calbrated)
  6. Forms / note pad / pen / clipboard.
  7. You are asked how you think you've done, then are told that
  • you need a re-visit
  • you are ok but can only be recommended for defined scope
  • you will be recommended for full scope approval.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi sparkyork i had all the leaflets but it dont tell u where u can get anything from and wot the man looking for and wot to bring with u like steel toe cap boots safety glasses and all the rest of it

is this for domestic installer??

1 wot docs do i need and where can i get them from

health and safety policy (nic site)
approved part p (google and print is what i did.
HSE memorandum of electricity at work regulations (got mine from company called Seton (google it) they give you a free 30 day account. or whsmiths??)
BS 7671 (if going fully approved)
or on suite guide 17th
method for testing yout test equipment record sheet (have a look at nic site)
customer complaints procedure (nic site)

2 wot certs do i need

calibration certificates
minimum 2 million public liablilty
i got me 2360papers out just in case
eal dom installer cert (not sure if this is essential??)
17th edition or 16th (again i didnt have either, but will need to do them for next year)

3 wot do i need off labc

if you got a major job to show them then you should have a building compliance certificate of your local bc (in my case they werent able to produce one so they used my certs instead)
also your minor job depending on its location will also need labc maybe??

4 wot id do i need

i dont think you need any,although if yo had some little badges made with a nice little picture on it then it will look professional

5 wot test instruments do need for him to see

full set of installation test equipment all leads etc

6 wot does he bring with him

a suit and tie and black shoes and a clipboard, that he scarily scribbles in or ticks n stuff!

7 and finally wot happens at the end of it all

he'll tell you if youve passed or failed, he was only with me for 2 hours, partly cos he said he was off to play golf!
hell leave you with an a4 document explainint that your business is either fully complaint or not.
you then go out and get ****ed.
after 2 weeks if you pass you'll get some more stuff sent out including your nic certificate with company name on etc.
you then log onto nic building control site and create a username, you then wait for an activation code to come thtough (im at this stage now)

thats it me old fruit, take you time make sure you got it all and also id swat up on testing and expected results n what have you. and also swat up on buidling regs youll get some questions on min depth of notches etc and where you drill joists etc

to add as well if your taking him to a bulding site then clearly boots and vest is gonna be sensible as will descent set of test ladders!

Last edited:
cheers easyfox just starting to make a list now of wot ive got and wot have not got wots the thing with the complaints docs where do u get them sort of things from im strating to get lost again all this DOCS:mad:

comlaint forms is on nic site try under downloads. print em out and stick em in a folder with some appropriate dividers here n there.

have you got a date for it yet?? what i would say that is easy said than done cos i was the biggest beatch going when doind mine! but really dont panic, get your docs sorted out which dont take long and put them to one side, then just swat up on testing and the building regs etc oh and a bitta 17th stuff as well

Last edited:
sparkyork i will let u no how im doing and when he is comeing cheers again mate i hope i can help u one day but lt looks like ur on your way now oh and well done for passing cheers aswell easyfox wot a great site this is

youll be fine mate, the only place ill be goin at the minute is jail if i dont stop doing work with poor main equip' bonding!

yeah it is pretty good site this, there are alot of very knowledgable people here

Reply to help 4 nic inspecter in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock