Discuss HELP Advice needed 2391 practical in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lucas123

been told today my training centre's IV has found my practical work unsatisfactory after waiting nearly 3 months to find this out and been told on the day Id passed now in bit of a dilemma as to what to do ?

also centre director or manager tells me they are not obliged as to tell me where i went wrong or what i failed on exactly and wants another 160 for another go at it

cant help think the fact i complained to city and guilds about the length of time it was taking (of which they agreed) for the outcome has somewhat influenced this decision

any advice ?

You only have to resit the practical and not the written.

B6 7BU, Widdler and may be Phil will be able to give you some direction on what to do next. But I think its a bit harsh to say that you have passed and then retract it! £160 for a practical resit is too much imo.

Last edited:
cheers paul
should it take 3 months for an IV to come back with the decision ?

yeah i passed theory dec 2nd 2010 !!! wondered why i hadnt recieved cert

didnt i read something similar happened to yourself ?

which part of the practical did they say have failed? as there is four parts to it. was it definitely the IV and not EV whos decision about the pass/fail. feel free to pm me

Lucas123

sounds negligent to me.

I did mine at a local college, with other working sparks, most were paid for by their companies they worked for, it was over 10 weeks, night school , so it was pukka - it was £200 for the course, then £60 for the exams (£30 a piece). I thought this was reasonable. I fail to see how the money making g!ts can charge much more than that. There are posts on here of 600+ spondoolicks for the privilege.

They were strict on mine (one bloke was marched out), but I knew at the end that I had passed. Surely there are rules about that. You either know or not?

Hmmm maybe someone else can comment.

Feel for you though

spartykus
i paid £550 plus £69 for exam fee

the whole thing is a joke i thought the written was gonna be the problem but i passed that first time i been doing testing for two years and felt right at ease on the test there was nothing i didnt know how to do so to not know what i ahve supposedly failed on is more than frustrating

another local training provider has since told the centre i took it at is renound for bad practice only interested in getting your money in and then dont give a sh!t after

the thing is though i got an answer or a decision on the outcome after i pushed and pushed only when i went down the official route of going to city and guilds after 3 months all of a sudden bang get an email back saying our IV finds it unsatisfactory

apparently as well dont know if its true maybe someone can confirm this
this particular centre has to hire in an internal verifier as they are a small outfit and dont have one onsite or as part of the teaching staff so this would be more outlay for him or the centre
and is therefore just trying to fob me off with this hoping i dont take it further i dont know anymore

Reply to HELP Advice needed 2391 practical in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net