Discuss Help and advice needed for wiring new lights in attic in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

henrig24

Ok, so I have made a diagram off the current set up in my attic for the current installation
Help and advice needed for wiring new lights in attic Current wire set u - EletriciansForums.net

a pretty simple connection

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I am not sure at all if this would be a correct / safe way of doing this, but I have removed the current light and replaced it with a 4 way 10amp junction box and I wish to connect three lights to this box.
Here is my diagram
Help and advice needed for wiring new lights in attic New wire set u - EletriciansForums.net
I have created another diagram of my new set up.. I have labelled the terminals by number and I just need someone to clarify which wires I need to join to which terminals (that is assuming this set up is correct!0

Thanks for help in advance.. Henri

Attachments

• Current wire set up.bmp
    191.7 KB · Views: 18
bad idea as each terminal will have 4 wires in it. a poor connection is likely. better to wire from switch to light 1, then loop to light 2, then to 3.

Tel's idea is the best arrangement.

However as you have said you have a 4 way junction box but have shown 8 terminals presumably 1 and 2 are connected together, and 3 and 4, and 5 and 6, and 7 and 8, in which case you can put two cables into each terminal and the join between the two terminals means the circuit is maintained.
If the terminals are not joined then you could put a link wire between the two terminals and then only have three wires per terminal.

Reply to Help and advice needed for wiring new lights in attic in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock