Discuss Help BP verses Sanyo which would you recomend to your customers? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pvboy

Hi all, your help and expertise appreciated ( not to techie please as Im no sparky)

I have been quoted 2 differing systems, both 2 array one SE and one SW with a sb 4000tl-20 inverter.
One quote 3.75Kw with 15 Sanyo Hit 250w hybrid panels estimated Yield 2895KWh
One quote 3.96Kw with 22 BP 4180T panels estimated Yield 3352KWh
The site has a little shading late afternoon on the SE face.

Both contractors seem reliable and and both have blinded me with science and the reasons their offerings are the best on the market for my needs.

The dilemma is both come in at a fairly similar price with the Sanyo £600 cheaper.

I like using local tradesmen and appreciate that following up on quotes can take valuable time, time that could be spent in the pub, with the wife and kids or on a roof of the job quoted for and won last week. Therefore I dont want to waste their time asking questions and gleaning more information if I decide to give the job to the other, though I really cant decide which to go for.

Your help and experience of the two panels in question greatly appreciated.

@pvboy, So you'de thought you'd finally come and ask the experts and expect our advice for free? :toilet:

Hi Worcester, Im not to sure about the finally, though yes I think I have come to ask the experts.
The threads on this board often, to me as no expert, seem to be well considered and informative. The professional posters may all be sole traders and I imagine that individually and collectively you care for the fledgling industry you are part of. As a perspective client of the whole yes I was hoping for some help.
I want to be a happy customer of your industry, and as a non informed consumer I want to make the best choice and be able to tell all my mates that they too should consider making use of their roofs to generate. If I could find a non biased magazine, like I could for most other consumer products i would have been down the high street already.
My dilemma as I hope my original post pointed out is that both contractors seem reliable honest tradesmen and are quite naturally claiming their wares are the most suitable for my needs. I can asses cars tv's and light bulbs Ive had lots of practice, and there is lots of information available in understandable forms, so its not that Im stupid or looking for something for nothing, one of the two guys is going get the job, though you may not benefit directly from assisting me.
So your expert opinion I still would value
best pvboy

Hi - The Sanyo system is the better choice - allthough the figures they have supplied confuse me slightly because if they were based on SAP then they should be roughley the same, nontheless the Sanyo panel is a "Hybrid" and will/should perform better over the long term.

Also its not very often Sanyo come out cheaper - win win situation.

Checked this through PV SOL based on birmingham, the BP shows better annuel yield but in real life i think the Sanyo's would out do the BP panels.

Also -15d and 1250w irradiance the inverter would shut down using the BP.

@pvboy,

Not a problem, you're welcome here, and as you've seen, we give our advice freely. If you get a chance please visit UKSolarInstallers .co .uk where you'll find one of the members of this forum in your area.

Why not give them a chance? The posters and regulalars here are far more experienced than the average installers.

You will get honest unbiased advice from a member of that site.

Just this week, I've been asked by two local installers how to solve a problem that they really ought to have known, when they asked their questions, I then asked them three others that they hadn't even taken into consideration, they both thought that beacuse they'd got their MCS they didn't need to know anything more :(

Reply to Help BP verses Sanyo which would you recomend to your customers? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net