Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss (Help!) cant power AC fan in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I've recently bought an ac fan and I cant figure out how I should power it, Ive tried to power it through a phone charger, nownIm lost, sorry if I sound dumb, I dont know anything about electricity50319

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to the forum.
It needs mains power.. as it says. 220-240V. A phone charger will not do this.
What is the fan for?
I'm a bit reluctant to tell you how to wire as this is mains power and can be dangerous.
Does the cable have anything at the end of it, like a connector of any sort?
A pic of the whole thing will be useful.

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Better still.... Bin the current fan and get a 12V DC one...
Maybe something like this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome to the forum.
It needs mains power.. as it says. 220-240V. A phone charger will not do this.
What is the fan for?
I'm a bit reluctant to tell you how to wire as this is mains power and can be dangerous.
Does the cable have anything at the end of it, like a connector of any sort?
A pic of the whole thing will be useful.
Basic two wires at the end. Would the fan increase my bill if I would leave it for too long? I'll make a cooler with my 3d printer. Also I want to ask why does the fan use 220-240 V when its a little bit mire powerfull than a 12V?

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
That fan is designed to be used within an enclosure such as an amplifier, printer, etc...

Buy a 12 volt computer fan that you should be able to power from either your 3D printer supply or another PSU, much safer than messing around with that.

D

Deleted member 105166

Generally those fans mount onto something, be it within an enclosure, or onto 19" rack panels - this is what the corner mounting holes are for. What are you using it for? Nothing against the OP, but I hope I'm not the only one thinking it's slightly crazy that you can apparently make a cooler using a 3D printer, but attaching two wires to a 13A plugtop... :)

Reply to (Help!) cant power AC fan in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom