Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Help dont know where i stand. in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

87delaney

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Guys, i trained for 3 years at my college on block release from my work, after my last block my company folded and i was not allowed to take my AM2 as i was not in work at the time and could not afford to do it myself.
I spoke with my college to see qualification i have acheived and they say i have units 1-8 in city & guilds, 2351 level 3 certificate in knowledge of electrical installation. I am JIB registered and have cscs card.
I have now started work as electrical technician and i am doing (elecrical and electronics servicing c&g 6958), but would like to be back on sites, house bashing, i have loads of on site experience and was just wondering where i can go from now with out having to do it all again as i have been out of sparkying for a year now still do the odd jobs and bits of mates work, but might want to set up on my own if thats is an easier way to get full qualification. ( just want to go back to being a sparks, i have been doing it for the last 4 or so years):D

Last edited by a moderator:
S

ScottGlover

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
HI i was in the same sort of perdicament. i just phoned every spark from yell.com in my area and eventually i found a job.

Good luck

87delaney

Hi Scott, i did that a numerous of times and sent out over 50 CV's after getting made redundant from my last sparky job, i just am not sure what position my qualifications allocate me as?.
I am currently doing research in to more qualifications and jobs in the northampton area can anyone help me out with this, as what to the best courses would be?

B

beaver74

i think you will find that it is the company that is ji registered and you are no longer registered as the company if no longer

Reply to Help dont know where i stand. in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom