Discuss Help, door catch required for external meter box in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As the title suggests, does anyone know where I can purchase one, as Mick the Meter muncher came when I was out shopping, left me a note mind "sorry"

My gas meter box gets worse each year, it's held together with cable ties at the moment!

I've looked into this myself and I'm not sure that you can purchase just the latches. I know you can get new doors, but the latches appears to be fixed with permanent fixings (some kind of rivet I believe).

But... having just gone googling...

Meter Box Spare Parts - https://www.meterboxesdirect.co.uk/meter-box-spares.html

They appear to have some latches.
Bit of a rigmarole but just ordered one £4.65 including postage, thanks again SC

There are some products out there, that you can cut off the front bit of the box etc, and install a replacement cover & frame. Been meaning to do it myself, as my electric box has few holes in the door, done by a slamming side gate. Happened circa 1993, it's on my pending list :)

There are some products out there, that you can cut off the front bit of the box etc, and install a replacement cover & frame. Been meaning to do it myself, as my electric box has few holes in the door, done by a slamming side gate. Happened circa 1993, it's on my pending list :)
Got a replacement on order Middy thanks to SC

I sense a lot of swearing and muttering in due course, not doubting your engineer skills of course :)
Actually it looks a piece of the proverbial, thanks for your vote of confidence:p:D:)

I will await the thread "has anyone fitted a meter cupboard door catch" :tearsofjoy:

That's why my one is on that list of jobs to do. Her indoors seems to think, that now I'm semi retired, that I have enough spare time in the day to catch up with these things. That and painting walls and cutting the grass :rolleyes:

Flat packed furniture was my favourite.
Done that been there no worries, I ask a simple question, get 1 person's help, the rest nothing but derision:tongue: apart from a few well wishers:eek::rolleyes:

Reply to Help, door catch required for external meter box in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock