Discuss help electrical courses. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

tfo

-
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

i hope you are all well and having a good Christmas and a happy New Year, This is my first Post, I apologise in advance if I'm doing anything wrong course saying anything that might offend anybody https://talk.electriciansforums.co.uk/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png.

I am just new to the electrician word and I've just completed my 2365 level 2 at Acton College and I don't want to do my level 3 there as well, because it was a really bad experienceI. So I would like any advice if anybody knows anywhere really good in central London that I can do my level 3 2365.

I live in Battersea and I'm working on site so preferably I would like to the course on evenings or weekends. The only place I've found that does the course in the weekends and it's close to me http://www.trainingskillsuk.com I think the new but has anyone done a course or knows anything about this company. Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post. Happy holidays to all

T

What was the bad experience you had Mate? not that I can hel that much, I'm in Northampton, just interested in what the problems were, if you don't mind saying, quite understand if you don't want to in case it compromises any further training ventures, anyway good luck what ever you decide.

Studying in that college was a waste of my money and time they used teachers from agency, didn't know how to teach and made us watching YouTube to learn about electricity.

Studying in that college was a waste of my money and time they used teachers from agency, didn't know how to teach and made us watching YouTube to learn about electricity.
That's sad sounds like a right balls up, sorry I can't help, can you not complain to those in charge?

It's been some time since I did any real training, so I'm not speaking from recent experience, but my post will bump you to the top again.

The L3 2365 seems quite an intensive course (from what I've googled), in terms of content. I see there are some home study courses, although I don't think you should miss the personnel interaction with a tutor and other students. Do you think you can achieve this, by doing the course at evenings & weekends?

Hopefully some members will be along, with suitable advice from personnel experience. Perhaps you thread may be better placed in the trainee section.

As Pete said, good luck.

This sounds like a silly question are you able to self learn/distance study or do you need to be taught? If you can self learn I would suggest Electrician Course | Training To Become An Electrician | City And Guilds 2357 Courses | Suffolk | Thompson Training Ltd - http://www.thompsontrainingltd.com/ They do a distance learning (classroom based in Bury for exams and some inputs although you can take exams in Ilford/Westminster by arrangement) 2365-L3. Get yourself a couple of good books and some web resources and away you go.

Last edited:
Hi mate depending on when you wanted to start I think only options are the fast track course like able skills and trade skills for you, as most colleges are halfway through their term and enrol again in September I know from experience that city of Westminster are a good college

Good luck

That's sad sounds like a right balls up, sorry I can't help, can you not complain to those in charge?

We all made a petition and wrote letters All they done was put pressure on the teacher so he left, so we didn't have a teacher for a awhile and they just bought another one who was even worse.

Hi everyone thank you very much for your reply and has been a massive help, regarding self learn/distance study I'm not really good at self-study I need guidance and a lot of help as I'm dyslexic what to find a centile that do the course which is close to me. similar to able skills or treat skills but somewhere in central London.

Hi tfo. I'm currently doing a weekend based course with Access Training but we have recently been let down by our tutor walking out. However, I must add that he was an experienced time served spark who I had a lot of time for. Got the impression that there is a shortage of good tutors out there at the moment. In your situation I'd stay clear of the intensive short courses as at the end of the day all they do is give you a small amount of time in the class room and access to the exams. They rely very heavily on student commitment and home study. Good thing is that it sounds like you're already on site getting hands on.

Hi tfo. I'm currently doing a weekend based course with Access Training but we have recently been let down by our tutor walking out. However, I must add that he was an experienced time served spark who I had a lot of time for. Got the impression that there is a shortage of good tutors out there at the moment. In your situation I'd stay clear of the intensive short courses as at the end of the day all they do is give you a small amount of time in the class room and access to the exams. They rely very heavily on student commitment and home study. Good thing is that it sounds like you're already on site getting hands on.

Thank you very much FatAlan, I appreciate your post. so do you think I should start with Access Training because I am on-site and I am learning loads but I want to finish my qualification and get the gold card, to do that I need to finish level 3 and NVQ which Access Training told me that I can do both together? For around £3000

At the moment the jury is very much still out with me in respect of Access Training so do not misinterpret as a recommendation. There are others on this site who will have a far broader prospective. I get the impression that if you can find a decent local college to do night classes it may be more beneficial to your circumstances than a high price intensive course.

Hello everyone,

i hope you are all well and having a good Christmas and a happy New Year, This is my first Post, I apologise in advance if I'm doing anything wrong course saying anything that might offend anybody https://talk.electriciansforums.co.uk/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png.

I am just new to the electrician word and I've just completed my 2365 level 2 at Acton College and I don't want to do my level 3 there as well, because it was a really bad experienceI. So I would like any advice if anybody knows anywhere really good in central London that I can do my level 3 2365.

I live in Battersea and I'm working on site so preferably I would like to the course on evenings or weekends. The only place I've found that does the course in the weekends and it's close to me http://www.trainingskillsuk.com I think the new but has anyone done a course or knows anything about this company. Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post. Happy holidays to all

T
Hi there, did mine at Uxbridge College a couple of years back. It's not too far removed from Acton, the workshops are good and the team there were also good - really knew their thing and all had real world experience. We had students from as far afield as North London and way out into Bucks. Good luck...

Hi there, did mine at Uxbridge College a couple of years back. It's not too far removed from Acton, the workshops are good and the team there were also good - really knew their thing and all had real world experience. We had students from as far afield as North London and way out into Bucks. Good luck...

Hi Topquartz thank you for your input I appreciated, however i did go to Uxbridge College and they don't do city and guilds any I already have City and guilds level 2 so I just wanted to do level 3.

Hi Topquartz thank you for your input I appreciated, however i did go to Uxbridge College and they don't do city and guilds any I already have City and guilds level 2 so I just wanted to do level 3.
Hi - that's a shame they seem to have dropped it; Langley was the other one around here but that's further out again distance wise and they did each level over 2 years. All the best.

As suggested before city of Westminster in Paddington do run all electrical courses and isn't to far from Acton either, you may also want to try college of north west London they have 2 colleges very close to actin also

As suggested before city of Westminster in Paddington do run all electrical courses and isn't to far from Acton either, you may also want to try college of north west London they have 2 colleges very close to actin also

Hi, Sparky10 Westminster College don't do level 3 and North west London don't do the course, thanks and if you have any other places you might think that do the course in london please let me know.

Reply to help electrical courses. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock