Discuss Help filling in a PQQ?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

petegibbons

I hate these things, I have got the following question and don't really know how to answer it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, even just a few ideas to what they will be looking for.

"When you have a non-performing contract, explain your investigation techniques and problem solving process for achieving a “turnaround” situation. Please provide an example case study of where, in the public sector, this had been successfully accomplished."

I hate these things, I have got the following question and don't really know how to answer it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, even just a few ideas to what they will be looking for.

"When you have a non-performing contract, explain your investigation techniques and problem solving process for achieving a “turnaround” situation. Please provide an example case study of where, in the public sector, this had been successfully accomplished."

Yeh! Plain English and not gooblegook

Anyone????

This is the only question I am waiting on. I haven't got a clue what the're really wanting from me.

In all honesty I have never had a situation where I have a non performing contract that has required major work to turn around.

Hmmm....

(a) When fualts and problems arise on an origonally planned project (installation) and you have to solve them so as to complete the "contract"?

or

(b) Contract = Customer job. They don´t pay or threaten not to pay because of disagreements over the installation and you have to solve the problem so as to complete to customer satisfaction without going too much out of pocket?

Hi Pete.

Answering Pre Qualification Questionaires are a nightmare.

This is a standard question, along ethnic diversity, helath and safety etc...

This is about dispute resolution and you need to say " Should a project deem to be failing by either party then measures shall be put in place by both parties."

"Those measures shall be whatever is deemed necessary to rectify this particular situation and will be binding upon both parties."

"Agreements once negotiated will be binding upon all parties and an agreed action plan to remedy the situation will be put in place."

"Monitoring of the ongoing situation will be put in place and any remedial action that need to actioned by either party will take place."

As you are new to the public sector state that..." I am a new entrant to the public sector and as such I have not had to invoke the plan. My private/domestic sector work, which I have been sucessfully conducting for --- years, because of the qality of my workmanship has meant I have not had to call on this dispute resolution plan." or words to this affect.

Best of luck

hi pete.

"when you have a non-performing contract, explain your investigation techniques and problem solving process for achieving a “turnaround” situation. Please provide an example case study of where, in the public sector, this had been successfully accomplished."

answering pre qualification questionaires are a nightmare.

This is about dispute resolution and you need to say " should a project deem to be failing by either party then measures shall be put in place by both parties."

"those measures shall be whatever is deemed necessary to rectify this particular situation and will be binding upon both parties."

"agreements once negotiated will be binding upon all parties and an agreed action plan to remedy the situation will be put in place."

"monitoring of the ongoing situation will be put in place and any remedial action that need to actioned by either party will take place."

as you are new to the public sector state that..." i am a new entrant to the public sector and as such i have not had to invoke the plan. My private/domestic sector work, which i have been sucessfully conducting for --- years, because of the qality of my workmanship has meant i have not had to call on this dispute resolution plan." or words to this affect.

Best of luck

impressive

Hi Pete.

Answering Pre Qualification Questionaires are a nightmare.

This is about dispute resolution and you need to say " Should a project deem to be failing by either party then measures shall be put in place by both parties."

"Those measures shall be whatever is deemed necessary to rectify this particular situation and will be binding upon both parties."

"Agreements once negotiated will be binding upon all parties and an agreed action plan to remedy the situation will be put in place."

"Monitoring of the ongoing situation will be put in place and any remedial action that need to actioned by either party will take place."

As you are new to the public sector state that..." I am a new entrant to the public sector and as such I have not had to invoke the plan. My private/domestic sector work, which I have been sucessfully conducting for --- years, because of the qality of my workmanship has meant I have not had to call on this dispute resolution plan." or words to this affect.

Best of luck

Thanks Tom, these PPQ's are really getting out of hand now. I have spent 2/3 days on that last one and I haven't even got to the tender stage yet.

I actually sent it back on Monday but I had answered the question virtually word for word as you have put it so I feel a lot more reassured that I have given an answer that they are looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pete.

If you are serious about working for Public bodies you are going to have to build a knowledge base of answers...answers that will cut your time to answer in half, but can also be easily tailored to the authority...it's all a big game.

If you need H&S, Diversity stuff I can dig it our for you.

You will also need a description of what you do, how it will help them and what you are doing for the comunity...the big boys have the edge here.

ANyway best of luck

Hi Pete.

If you are serious about working for Public bodies you are going to have to build a knowledge base of answers...answers that will cut your time to answer in half, but can also be easily tailored to the authority...it's all a big game.

If you need H&S, Diversity stuff I can dig it our for you.

You will also need a description of what you do, how it will help them and what you are doing for the comunity...the big boys have the edge here.

ANyway best of luck

Thanks Tom

I do a lot of work for Social Housing Providers in the North West, periodic inspecting and responsive repairs, that sought of thing. I have picked up quite a few contracts recently including 1 in the last month with a company based in Bolton (Where you are from I think??). My company is actually based in Liverpool and I live by St. Helens.

I am actually trying to expand into this area but it so difficult as you say with the larger companies about (a few of whom I work for) and when you see how they work you haven't really got much of a chance, although I seem to be doing ok up to now considering I've done it myself. I have however brought in a consultant to handle my H&S, risk assessments, Environmental & Equal Opportunities policies so that has took away that headache.

I meant to get back to you regarding your reply to my promotional booklet topic in the business thread but I am away till the morning so I was going to wait until I got home.

This sounds like a bit of job creation. eg These electricians think they're a bit clever, we'll hit them with some euro court of human rights malarkey, give them a q to see if they know what a pqq is if they get right then we'll give them something else until they give up and one of the companies who give us lots of money employs someone who speaks our version of 5hite and understands what we want and we'll give them twice as much because, well because, well because I said so! What happened to, "How much for this?". "It's this much". "Thank you , I'll take it"

This sounds like a bit of job creation. eg These electricians think they're a bit clever, we'll hit them with some euro court of human rights malarkey, give them a q to see if they know what a pqq is if they get right then we'll give them something else until they give up and one of the companies who give us lots of money employs someone who speaks our version of 5hite and understands what we want and we'll give them twice as much because, well because, well because I said so! What happened to, "How much for this?". "It's this much". "Thank you , I'll take it"

That's exactly what it is Jeremy.

I have had the patience to stick with them and it has benefited me in quite a big way but I think a lot of the people I would be bidding against just give in due to the magnitude of the rubbish were filling in.

If I can figure out how to do it, I will post the questions on here (there was 70 in total a lot of which are to the same extent as the example given) and it will give people an idea of whats involved. These type of things will become something people who work in this area will have to get used to filling in.

I am new to this forum and I can say that the issues discussed here are of great interest. Thanks for the information.

Reply to Help filling in a PQQ?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock