Discuss help filling in niceic test certs please in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Maestro

The test cert is for a transportable building

I have fill in a test not done it since college, i dont know what to put in the max disconnection time for Bs60898 MCBs protected by a 63A 30ma RCD main switch, no circuit exceeds 32A

is it 0.4s for a TN system
is it 0.2s for a TT system
or
300ms for rcd

cheers

Are you an Electrician? if yes then you should know the answer, if no then should you be carrying out Electrical testing?

yes since 2009 had to do inspection and testing modular and certed on back of tradecard as regs changed during serving my time,only asking a question what section in the regs book as i couldnt see anything in appendix 6 i was just gonna put in 0.4 as that is the maximum i can be depending on circuit(worst case scenario) but was just looking for some advice

yes since 2009 had to do inspection and testing modular and certed on back of tradecard as regs changed during serving my time,only asking a question what section in the regs book as i couldnt see anything in appendix 6 i was just gonna put in 0.4 as that is the maximum i can be depending on circuit(worst case scenario) but was just looking for some advice

It will be in your on site guide mate

cheers mate by i cant find a reg that relates when you dont know what type of system the incoming supply is, I know table 41.1 gives you max disconnection times

cheers mate i was looking for some advice because i wasnt sure myself what to do but then i thought there was a reg or guidance somewhere for when i was getting to check my osg or regs and then getting told i wasnt a spark, just started the job reffitng cabins to spec for clients

You obviously cannot enter the supply characteristic bits on the form, but I would be T+I ing to make sure it is suitable for all types of supply likely to be connected, ie. and that the disconnection times meet TT, RCD present etc...etc..

I would have thought when it is connected up on site it would need checking again to make sure it is compliant.

Reply to help filling in niceic test certs please in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net