Discuss Help, fire alarm system. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

optician

Need to test a 3 phase board but have a fire alarm system/board off one of the phases, before the main board, which says do not switch off.
Can I leave the fire system board on and perform all live tests on the 3 phase board with out affecting the fire system?

Typically the only reason they tell you to not switch them off is because they don't want you to leave them off, run the battery flat, then have no protection. The absolute worst thing that might happen is that you'll put a power failure event in the event log, if so equipped. No big deal, as long as you remember to turn the thing back on. No different than if you had a power failure.

Reply to Help, fire alarm system. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good evening! Don’t have a huge deal of experience with fire alarms but having to work on a conventional system at the minute with various...
Replies
Views
Hi, just looking for advice. Ive been to look at a Fire alarm install job. While checking where i will take my supply from. 3 phase sub board, i...
Replies
Views
I'm installing mag-locks and fire door hold-open magnets at the moment and I'm wondering if any of the cable should be fire performance cable...
Replies
Views
I'm about to order this wired smoke alarm system as it can network but I just went to see how my existing fire alarms are hooked up and there...
Replies
Views
I've asked a similar question before I think and we came to the conclusion that apart from new houses and HMO's etc there aren't any rules about...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock