Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Help...fire detection in new small extension in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

aaronstuart

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just first fixed a small one storey extension to a back of a house, extended the kitchen and dining room, only small, is it a requirement to install a smoke and heat detector in new extension?

Ask this as the builders had the BCO in and was told it has to have fire detection.

I always fit smokes in new builds, rewires and larger extensions ( 2 storeys etc ), customer is not too happy to fit ( as was not on passed plans ), even though a few extra quid installing could save lives..

Had a look through Part B but could not see anything regarding extensions only new habitable rooms?

Any advice appreciated

Many thanks

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
W

WarrenG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I do seem to recall two smoke alarms are required under Part P of the Building Regulations. One up and One down.

Maybe you could take a quick look at them to see where you stand with the extension?

B

beaver74

at the end of the day if the b.c.o wnats it done you have little choice

jeremy

-
Mentor
Arms
any materially changed habitable property( any house that has had minimum a wal moved )needs interconn smoke and heats. It's work for us and I would defy anyone to say it shouldn't be done. If you didn't know this in the nicest posssible way "WAKE UP!!!!!"

A

aaronstuart

No need for that but thanks anyway.....taken on board

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to Help...fire detection in new small extension in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom