Discuss Help getting back on track in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

Back in the day i got my C&G 236 pt's 1&2, but then didn't go on to the next stage as it was hard finding a job as an electrician and ended in the job i am in now. Job i'm currently in is going through a bad patch with people being let go every year, so i'm looking to pick up (all be it 20+ years later) where i left off and get qualified. I have recently passed 2382-15 ( only to find out once signed that 18th is coming out) and have signed up to do the 2382-18. what would be my best option going forward from here?
I was thinking of going for a job as an improver as a starting point but most are asking for an ECS or CSCS card which i don't have can anyone help point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Neil

go for cscs card. it's a simple H&S test. you could do the ECS H&S but then you'd have to apply for a JIB card which seems to take months.

Thanks for the replies will go for the cscs card to start with and look for a job as an improver.

Although a mature candidate I've not got 5 years experience, would I be best off with the 2537?
Im looking to branch out on my own eventually, I've 4 years part time experience in property maintenance and wish to go that route full time with the added benefit of being a qualified electrician. I've been asked to do re-wires but have turned them down as although competent I can't legally do the work.

Reply to Help getting back on track in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, for a while I’ve wanted to become an electrician and have applied to every apprenticeship possible and have never been successful and it’s...
Replies
Views
Hello all Well, been putting it off, but I need to upgrade my 17th edition to the 18th. Not been a practising sparky for over 5 years, but I have...
Replies
Views
Advice on a London fast course to get C+G 2365 Level 2 - I am on a site in London as an electrical improver but I do need to finish my level 2...
Replies
Views
So I have tried applying to every electrician mate/improver jobs there is on every job websites and I got a few calls saying that they want guys...
Replies
Views
I was at a customers house changing a socket and they asked me a question about their lights. Some of the lights in the house suddenly get...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock