Discuss Help - home smoke alarm issues... in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hollaa01

Hi everyone. Would be great to get some advice here if possible.

My home has (had!) three Aico Ei141 model smoke alarms, wired.

I decided to switch one of them out for a Nest Protect smoke detector which I did today. I switched off the power to switch to the Nest Protect (which meant all three went off at the same time).

Installation of the new one went well, but now the power is back on the original two smoke alarms have a solid green light with a flashing red light. I've tested both by holding in the button, and they're working okay. There's no beeping of any kind, just the sold green with flashing red light.

The online manual doesn't mention anything about this at all, so I can't figure out why they might be doing it. Can anybody help at all?

[h=3][/h]

no idea.i'd speak to aico about it.

I presume you have not used the interlink, but just wired power only. As this will damage both Aico and Nest units.
The green led shows power present.....red led flashing 1-2 every minute is normal operation.
Why you want to spend ott money on a Nest detector beats me...?

I presume you have not used the interlink, but just wired power only. As this will damage both Aico and Nest units.
The green led shows power present.....red led flashing 1-2 every minute is normal operation.
Why you want to spend ott money on a Nest detector beats me...?

Just had a voucher and thought I'd give it a try. But anyway...

Yeah, they were/are all just wired in individually/independently. Yes that the green light is solid, which shows power present, but the red light is flashing every second, not every minute. Which is what I'm confused about.

A call to Aico technical or nest is in order, how ever mixing models probably isn't the best course of action.

Just had a voucher and thought I'd give it a try. But anyway...

Yeah, they were/are all just wired in individually/independently. Yes that the green light is solid, which shows power present, but the red light is flashing every second, not every minute. Which is what I'm confused about.

The detector is in silence mode.....what 10-15 minutes without touching silence/test button, and the unit will reset. This feature is on all new Aico detectors.

Reply to Help - home smoke alarm issues... in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net