Discuss help learning about wiring heating systems, good sources online? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shakin2011

Hello again, i'm fed up looking on watching people wire these heating systems etc, i'm quite capable of doing it if i just had an up to date book or some website that could expound upon it that i could learn at my leisure, i've had it explained before but something like this requires a bit of thinking and time on my own, so please i would be very thankful if you could help here thx

Do you mean the controls for the heating.

I got my head around it by downloading the wiring diagrams from websites of the manufactures.

Still keep them in the van as I know one day i'll forget something and will need to refer to them again

just google s-plan, y-plan and any others you want, do an image search and you will find wiring diagrams, they vary slightly from manufacturer to manufacturer but i find if you look at honeywell wiring diagrams they are pretty good

I found it helps a lot if you understand the plumbing side a bit, so over the years I have just asked plumbers about what the valves, pump, etc exactly do so that when I wire it up I know what for.

The diagrams are never specific to the job you are on, so each install is different.

Sorry I know this won't help you now, but it will all come clear.

Reply to help learning about wiring heating systems, good sources online? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey everyone, hope you all had a good xmas. Got called around to change over an old style pin type thermostat to a hive one for a family member...
Replies
Views
I have not had to do the wiring for a wet underfloor heating system before. I think I started a thread fairly recently and had some very good...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone We have a little problem with a heating system on one of the projects (quite big house in south Kensington) and we are looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, I’m in the process of mapping out a relatively standard S-plan system for my parents central heating and hot water system. Not sure...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I've had 4 plumbers & 1 electrician look at my problem (seemingly without dedicating too much time unfortunately), spending more than...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock