Discuss Help me plaese need some advise (College home learning.). in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

£5000 ??? That sounds extortionate !!!
I did my 3 years part time city and guilds course at college, which cost me about £380 per year. I studied for this while also working 2 jobs to make ends meet.
It was absolute hell doing this course and working 60 hours a week, but i got through it and passed with credits and distinctions.
What has proved more of a nightmare though is trying to find a job. I thought after completeing all that at my own expense and time, finding a job would be easy. How wrong could i be. All the jobs/companies i have applied with mostly require you to have 3years experience at least. Even electricians mates jobs i have seen advertised need you to have 1-2 years experience.
I have been actively looking for a year and a half now, and im beginning to lose hope.
what part of the country are you in mate?

Hello. you can also acquire knowledge in electrical by reading books and ask question from the certified electrician. Little by little, you will know the theory of electricity without going to trade school or college. Knowledge is continuous process. It can be done anytime at any place just take the books to read.

Free Electrical Electronic Rapidshare Download
http://freelectricalelectronicdownload.blogspot.com

Hi there im hoping some one could give me some advise on a life choice im trying to make.

well here goes i am 24 years old and working as an administrator and i live in south London, i fell its time for a change. i have come to the dession that office work is not the place for me and the money is not really there. And i now want to do some thing with my hands.

i have been looking into a few electrican courses and most of the ones that i have found on like have been home learning ones. not they all seem to sound grate but i am un sure weather doing one of thses is some thing that an employer will be happy to take on.

the best one i have found said you do the course all the stuff is posted out to you and you just work through the matriel towards the end of each module you do a week at cardif or some where. with all the practial stuff. and an exam at the end. there are 4 modules and they say you finish this in about a year. the total cost of the course is £5000 and they say they can put you in to work at the end of it.

now right now i dont know the first thing about eletrics and im thinking this seems a little short to become fully qualified. as well as weather an employer will even look at some one that got it form a home learning course.

the exams are city&gilds and you do get a part p. with i belive is some thing that you need from what i have been reading.

im guess that there must be some quiffied people on here that can advise me on weather a home learning course is a good why to become an electrican or weather i have to go to college to do this.

i would be gratfull to know if any one has done a home learning course. are they lagit if you have done one. or what is the best way to become an electrican and how long will it take to do it.

thanks.:)

Don't use olci, nightmare.

Reply to Help me plaese need some advise (College home learning.). in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net