Discuss Help needed changing ceiling tube light bulb! in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

JohnHS

DIY
Reaction score
Greetings

I have this fancy ceiling tube light fitting and I cannot figure out how to replace the tubes.

It has two ends which somewhat come away but not enough to remove the tubes. There is wiring both sides.

I'm not sure how much more pressure I can apply before something breaks. There are holes on the sides of either end which look like they're for accessing a screw or a latch but I don't see either of those things.

Not sure how I would get the tubes back up and fitted if I even got one or both the ends off anyway. It's daunting.

I don't have a make and model so I cannot find a guide online.

Please put me out of my misery and let me know how to tackle this beast!

Thanks!

Help needed changing ceiling tube light bulb! IMG_20200918_130409 - EletriciansForums.netHelp needed changing ceiling tube light bulb! IMG_20200918_130419 - EletriciansForums.netHelp needed changing ceiling tube light bulb! IMG_20200918_130431 - EletriciansForums.net

TL;DR
I have this fancy ceiling tube light fitting and I cannot figure out how to replace the tubes.
there must be a simple way to remove 1 or both end caps.

I'd suspect only 1 of the end caps pulls away enough to remove the tube, but not to be free from the fitting.
And it looks to have extra screws holding the fitting to the ceiling which may be squashing the whole it and preventing the ends moving.

Might be those fittings where you have to rotate the tube so the prongs slide out
Don't know what they are called, but you rotate the tube 90 degrees and the end fittings with the prongs in rotate and the tube can be slid out, and vice versa to re-instal...slide prongs up into the ends then rotate 90 degrees to lock them in

Greetings

It has two ends which somewhat come away but not enough to remove the tubes. There is wiring both sides.

I'm not sure how much more pressure I can apply before something breaks. There are holes on the sides of either end which look like they're for accessing a screw or a latch but I don't see either of those things.

Not sure how I would get the tubes back up and fitted if I even got one or both the ends off anyway. It's daunting.

I don't have a make and model so I cannot find a guide online.

Please put me out of my misery and let me know how to tackle this beast!

Thanks!

View attachment 60926View attachment 60927View attachment 60928
John it appears to me that the moon shaped covers on the end of the fixture needs to be took off. They should just slide off

Thanks to all. The ends were clipped in and should have remained so. The silver covers slide off downwards (with difficulty) revealing the fittings which are as pirate described.
Thanks again!

Reply to Help needed changing ceiling tube light bulb! in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock