Discuss **Help needed for wiring a power 8 pin plug** :( in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, I have recently bought a tv bed and when i was putting it together i accidentally kicked the cable which was plugged into the side of the bed pulling out all eight wires from the connector. It is an 8-pin block shaped connector with 4 colored wires (red,black,white and green) on either side. 4 are single wires and 4 are double wires. I have tried putting them back and crossing my fingers but no luck as yet. Can anybody out there help me as trying to watch the tv inside the base board is not much fun. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

plug.JPG

need make and model, then try the manufacturers for guidance. failing this. go to where you bought it and ask nicely if they will shoe you similar set-up and write down what connector goes where.

need make and model, then try the manufacturers for guidance. failing this. go to where you bought it and ask nicely if they will shoe you similar set-up and write down what connector goes where.
Hi, telectrix and thanks for the quick reply. I bought it off Gumtree, I have been in touch with the person who I purchased it off and he bought it from littlewoods. They don't supply spare parts and as far as I'm aware don't have display shops so I'm stuck. Can't even find an image of that type of connector when I've googled it. I've tried placing the 4 colours opposite each other with the single wires on one side and the doubles wires on the other but no joy. Looks like I've got a very expensive bed base with a TV I can't see

hmm. it can be sorted by a bit of trial and error.need a meter to see what does what and marry the control to the actuators. a couple of hours might do it. give me a make and model number and i'll try a bit of internet research.

Don't try any more random connections.
Something may go POP soon.
If it hasn't already.

What does the cable go to?
Can you get to the back of the socket that the plug goes into?

Could you not look at the other end of the cable for clues on how to re-connect?

Reply to **Help needed for wiring a power 8 pin plug** :( in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net