Discuss help needed installation of x2 185mm2 4 core swa supplying new building in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mgbdanny

Hi their just a quick one really need someone to confirm what im thinking . Doing a job for my company which involves supplying a new building situated 200m away from the switch room. it was specked to install x2 185mm2 swa's + 50mm2 seperate earth burried in a trench connected in parallel into a spare way in the square d switchboard via 400A fuses to a mem switch disconnector at new building were the electrical contractor carrying out the installation would supply his new mem eaton switch gear. unfortunately the contractor decided to take upon him self to ignore this and mount his new switch gear over our cable entry thinking our cables would nicely sweep into his main switch instead of installing the seperate mem switch what we was meant to provide and terminate into but this is not the case because the CT's were too small the swa's would not have fit through the hole this has now been altered at his own cost and i have got to go on thursday and connect up and test the cables ect .their are couple of things i am doubting what my managing director has told mare ok are as follows

1) at the main switch room the square d panel board all the swa's supplying other building have no bonding from the banjos on the swa's gland to the MET so i havent done mine either ,i persume the metal switchgear enclosure is sufficient as it has a large earth coming into in from an earth bar on the wall but i cannot see it terminated as all the rest of the switch gear is live and i cannot gain access.

2) Do i not have to run a bonding conductors to the MET from the banjos on my new swa's at the new building end or will the seperate 50mm2 earth specked be enough i no that the armouring has to be earthed obvisouly but what im saying is the switchgear enclosure what the cables are glanded into provide sufficient earth continuity ?

sorry about the poor grammer and description ect comments are would be much appreciated cheers Danny

50mm sounds a bit on the small side ?,i think i would definately bolt both banjo,s to gland plates at both ends and a seperate bond from each banjo to earth

yours benji

cheers mate exacly what i thought but gaffer recons i should just do it as the spec says and like all the other swa's in the plant room but im gona do it off me own back its not gona be wrong if anything overly done :)

Reply to help needed installation of x2 185mm2 4 core swa supplying new building in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net