SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Help needed, is this correct? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I have a two 32mcb in the c/u. I thought one would be for the upstairs sockets and one would be for the downstairs sockets but they are not.

both require switching off to cut off power off to both upstairs and downstairs sockets!! is something wrong with this?

each 32mcb has only one live exiting, surely you cant have a ring circuit from one mcb to another, it should exit and return to the same mcb, shouldn't it?

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
O

Octopus

Unfortunately this is quite common. Suggest you get a spark into check and resolve

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Advent Win
Could be they’ve split it front to back....had that a few times on old terraced houses...

Edit....sorry just read the post properly ignore me

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Have you carried out any dead testing on the two circuits in question r1, r2 or rn? What size cables are the CBs feeding?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Pete, Im not an electrician, I wish I had your know how. The cables are 2.5 t&e, black and red.

O

Octopus

I did an EICR on a large house last year .......... all the 32A breakers had 2 cores ............ unfortunately, none of them were paired correctly :(

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
get an electrician in to see what is going on, from first appearances, this is both wrong and under overload conditions could be potentially dangerous.

Rpa07

-
Arms
Esteemed
Sometimes you will get legs going to feed upstairs then en route they drop down in a chase to downstairs sockets.
Best way is with a plug in tester, switch one MCB off and mark which sockets are off with that one, then do the same with the other.
Mark it on the socket or on an A4 sheet and stick it with the consumer unit.
It’s the way it is sometimes.

O

Octopus

Sometimes you will get legs going to feed upstairs then en route they drop down in a chase to downstairs sockets.
Best way is with a plug in tester, switch one MCB off and mark which sockets are off with that one, then do the same with the other.
Mark it on the socket or on an A4 sheet and stick it with the consumer unit.
It’s the way it is sometimes.
did you read the OP?;)

O

Octopus

Was going to a second time but hit the back button instead - foot of stairs!
I’d be right in a parallel universe though!
And you can't get away with editing a post once its been quoted either!

Long day mate?

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Help needed, is this correct? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom