Discuss Help needed please in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

So basically place the blue and yellow wire together where the blacks are and place the blacks into the yellows old position? If the switches are reversed what do you mean by transpose the blue and yellow wires. Sorry ?
Leave the blue where it is. Remove the red that’s with it and the yellow that’s in N and join them together. Then put the two blacks together into the N terminal. Transpose means swap blue and yellow positions either at switch or fitting if wrong switch operates wrong light and it bugs you

Leave the blue where it is. Remove the red that’s with it and the yellow that’s in N and join them together. Then put the two blacks together into the N terminal. Transpose means swap blue and yellow positions either at switch or fitting if wrong switch operates wrong light and it bugs you
Thankyou for clearing that up for me, it’s been a long day. Will joining the red and yellow with the choc block that the blacks are currently in be sufficient for the join or should I go with the wago?

I really hope it works. If I wasn’t bald already, I definately would have been from the stress it’s caused me lol

Just a thought before tomorows attempt, it’s pretty tough getting all those earths into the block, could I theoretically group them together in a wago with 5 ports and then use another single copper earth wire from the wago to the fitting to make it easier?

Just a thought before tomorows attempt, it’s pretty tough getting all those earths into the block, could I theoretically group them together in a wago with 5 ports and then use another single copper earth wire from the wago to the fitting to make it easier?
Yes you can.

get the wago 221 lever type. it's a lot easier to get the cpc (earth) wires in. with the push in wagos, you're generally pushing in the sleeving and not the conductor.
Help needed please 1569918649620 - EletriciansForums.net

It worked! Had to switch the blue and yellow wires around at the switch as they were reversed and changing them at the light made no difference but it's working perfectly now. I sleeved all the earths and used a wago with an extension to the socket aswell. Getting all the wires back into the ceiling was a real tight jam, as was getting the cables into the fittings terminal as it sits so flush to the ceiling and had very little play, length wise. When I've a little time I'll see if I can tidy it up a little in there, but for now the lights are working and that's the most important. Thanks to everyone for all your help and replies, really appreciate it ???

Reply to Help needed please in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock