uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Help needed re simulator parts power requirements in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Evening all,

I have built a 2 DOF VR Roller Coaster simulator.

I am now adding additional realism, specifically wind.

This is the specification of the inline air pump that I am going to use,

Inline Blower | 270 CFM 4″ In-Line Bilge Blower Fan - http://www.seaflo.com/en-us/product/detail/663.html

Model
SFIB1-270-02
Voltage
12V DC
Air Flow (cfm/cmh)
270/456
Max Draw (A)
6.0A
Fuse (A)
10.0A

I need to source a 240v (i.e plug in uk socket) device that will power this, I do not need a battery that stores, but one that runs off mains and isn't to bulky.

I have no real idea where to start, I am also concerned with how to wire it up as I will need a quick release system as the unit is transported all the time from event to event.

I may add further blowers moving forward so something that can handle more than 1 would be great! Or multiple outputs for different things moving forward.

Thanks for any help!

darkwood

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Interesting project how are you going to control the fan speed to replicate the roller coaster variable speed for wind also may I ask if this is a dead end project as you do not need the environmental factors for your brain to feel the immersion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Interesting project how are you going to control the fan speed to replicate the roller coaster variable speed for wind also may I ask if this is a dead end project as you do not need the environmental factors for your brain to feel the immersion.
I am going to use a MonsterMoto and ArduinoUno, the output from the simulation software I use and a little bit of code. This side is documented at another forum I use.

Its the first time I have DIY powered, anything, so thought I call in the big guns to assist me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now this post is off the beaton tracks .:D
LOL it is indeed! This is the magic of the www!

Reply to Help needed re simulator parts power requirements in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom