Discuss Help needed wireless printing via iphone in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

a12jpm

-
Reaction score
Do most of my invoicing and certs via my iphone and was wondering would it be possible to print direct from my iphone to a wireless printer that is not connected to a network. Don't want to carry the laptop with me in the van

Does the printer need to be connected to a network or is there sutch a thing as a mobile wireless router (?) that I could use in the van.

I have got the app called print n share from the app store which all works fine when the printer is connected to my home wireless network.

Cheers in advance.

yeah i think most wireless printers work off a wifi connection so i think you'd have to be on that same connection... not that sure though as i dont have/never used one. I do know you can email stuff to be printed, but thats if the printer in question has that capability. Ill reply back shortly an let you know:)

Think it has to be a particular hp model for the iPhone, best printer for you would be one where you email the file to the printers email address, hp EPrint I think they are called

hi mate that would be very useful and save time
If you had mobile wireless 02 dongle or similar then you would possibly need a wireless router, wireless printer and add the I phone as a device to the network its got to be possible but how not sure mate go and ask a retailer or provider or wether you can use wireless hot spots instead with wireless router not sure matey but good idea

Cheers for the replies.

Saw the Eprint thing, looks quite good. Means buying a new printer though.

Think I might dig out a old wireless router and plug it in to the invertor in the van. See if I can set up a wee wireless network without being connected to the internet.

Thanks again gents.

With eprint you could leave the printer at home, if you want to print via wireless you can set up the network as you say but u will have have printer in the van too :s or on some printers you can create a network on the actual printer and then just join it on the iPhone, good luck with it apple are a right pain!

Plan is to have the printer in the van so a sort of mini mobile based wireless network might be the way ahead. I'll let you guys know how I get on.

Off to the loft to dig out old router!

From past experience when we had a 3 dongle - we couldnt connect to it with our iPods or phones etc. as it werent a wireless hotspot as such..

If you have a 3 dongle ive heard theres a Three mobile router called the D100 - but never came across one so whether they havent been released yet im unsure.

Reply to Help needed wireless printing via iphone in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net