Discuss Help needed with 3 phase Ze in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

F

Fergie44

Hey can anyone help, I've got a EICR (Periodic inspection) tomorrow and just been told its a 3 phase supply. Am i right in thinking i just do L1-N-E, L2-N-E and L3-N-E then take the highest reading, also is it the same to get PFC????

Have you done any 3-phase before?

Testing for isolation is one thing, testing circuits is something else - you need to be careful !

things to consider
1/ Is your instrument able to test across phases?
2/ Is the installation old ?
3/ You may not get usable results with certain types and sizes of the main in-take switchgear
4/ Is there more than one Tx connected into the system?
5/ Are you working with someone else or working on your own?
6/ Do you have PII ?
7/ Do you have a permit to work?

Just some things to consider

Hey can anyone help, I've got a EICR (Periodic inspection) tomorrow and just been told its a 3 phase supply. Am i right in thinking i just do L1-N-E, L2-N-E and L3-N-E then take the highest reading, also is it the same to get PFC????

To answer your question yes you are right.

Nice one thanks, My boss has said that everything else is carried out as usual on the circuits its just doing the Ze, PFC etc thats different, sound right?

depends on your meter but in essence tis correct

PFC is always doubled on three phase after completing your 3 PEFC and your 3 PSCC you double the highest reading of the six
ze is three tests record highest
safe iso ten tests
block ir ten tests...

Am i being sill here or should you only be testing between Line and Earth for a Ze (nothing to do with neutral?as its the EARTH FAULT LOOP IMPEDANCE TEST) PFC you go between L-E and then L-N if your tester cant handle going between the phases the highest result is then doubled but if it can there is no need to double just test between each of the phases ie L1-L2 L2-L3 L3-L1??

Thanks

Dave

Am i being sill here or should you only be testing between Line and Earth for a Ze (nothing to do with neutral?as its the EARTH FAULT LOOP IMPEDANCE TEST) PFC you go between L-E and then L-N if your tester cant handle going between the phases the highest result is then doubled but if it can there is no need to double just test between each of the phases ie L1-L2 L2-L3 L3-L1??

Thanks

Dave

quite a few older testers req the neutral to power the test instument itself, and others use it as a polarity check but yes for Ze the neutrals not part of the test its the phase earth path thats being tested

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.”

Nikola Tesla
LOVE IT!

Reply to Help needed with 3 phase Ze in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock