Discuss Help needed with Central Heating Wiring in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shazz316

Hi

Need some help with rewiring part of the central heating system in my house. I am not a qualified electrician, but I wish to carry out as much of the work myself to save a few pounds and then get a qualified electrician to check and carry out the final connection at the fuse box.

The person that wired the oil heating in my house a good number of years ago done it in the cheapest and easiest way they could with the timeclock plugged into a low level socket in the corner of the kitchen (powered from the ring main).

I want to install a new digital timeclock in a more accessible location which will involve wiring it off a new radial circuit from the existing fuse box, but I need some help / guidance.

I have attached a picture of the existing wiring installation and a picture of my proposed modifications.

Basically, the warmflow 70/90 oil boiler and pump is in the shed, the timeclock is in the kitchen, motorised valve is in a cupboard in the house and all the interconnecting wiring is white flexible cable.

If someone could please give me some guidance with regards cable sizes, mcb size and wether or not I would need to put in anything else like fuse connection units etc. to fuse down at certain locations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Existing and proposed heating wiring_150x150_p1.jpg

You should talk to your electrician before you do anything, because he's the only who can agree what you can or can't do., and the various materials.

It would be a good idea to add room and hot water stats. Google 'sundial w plan' for details and other useful info.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Help needed with Central Heating Wiring in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net