Discuss help needed with dno in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gordysolar

Help needed witj dno installed 3.9kw system with sma 3600tl which limits output bang on 16a max but dno says this is g59 as panels are over 3680 w is this right what they are doing?

The inverter must be limited by factory settings at 16A (ie you have not changed the settings yourself to limit the inverter to 16A). Also the DNO must recognise these settings from the manufacturer by the inverter being type verified. If these two have been done, it should be accepted on G83/1. If not, your install is G83/2. I am pretty sure SMA will have complied with this, so it should be G83/1.

A few inverter manufacturers have responded to this "16A" issue now. We stock SolarMax 4200S inverters which are factory limited to 16A.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it less stressful to talk to the DNO directly rather than emails as normally the final person you get to talk to on the phone knows what the ABC's are and can help. It pays to get a working relationship with your DNO as they are there to help. I sprouted off about UK Power Networks in the past but now I have contacts there who actually know what they are talking about it has become much easier.

I had a query with the new SB-3600TL, we are using the 3600tl for 16x250 Hyundai. Looks perfect on the Sunny design however was concerned regarding G83 but its limited to 3.68V per phase and the UK power networks are happy as long as this isnt exceeded. Yeah I agree with Mark C give them a Call , aslong as your not a Double Glazing firm your ok....LOL !

Reply to help needed with dno in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net