Discuss Help needed with Multiple array/ invertor/generation meter, single import meter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Stoufer2000

Dear all, I need a bit of advice on a multiple install that I have been discussing with a customer. He is building 4 holiday lodges in his garden and would like each one to have 2.5kWp system. Each chalet is fed via a private SWA from a remote cabinet housing the supply meter for the lodges only and an MCCB board. 2 lodges are currently in construction and the others will be next year. Questions are: Can this work with multiple generation meters/invertors in each lodge and only one supply meter? If it is possible, I take it that the future 5kWp to be notified would be at the FIT rate in place at the time? One last Q, all lodges are to be TT. Does this have an impact? Sorry if I am being dumb but have only installed single property systems to date.. Many thanks, Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
you need to submit a G83/2 stage 2 application form to the DNO for permission to connect multiple systems at the same location... erm or maybe a G59/2 application being as it's all being connected to the same MPAN.

FIT rate would be whatever applies at the time of registration after commissioning etc.

Don't forget about EPC which can't be done til the build is pretty much finished for each cabin.

that's your starting point, others can fill in any gaps. Hope it helps.

erm also watch out for the cable size for the SWA supplying the cabin, chances are it won't be speccified correctly for the volt drop for solar PV (1% please), meaning you'd probably end up with inverters tripping out etc.

Most likely, as this is all on one MPAN and at a single address, this would be treated as a single site for FiT. This would mean that all 4 systems were added to calculate the TIC and therefore the tariff band. If you install exactly 10 kWp, and no more, then you will stay in the 4-10 kW band.

Also the owner will need to declare the FiT as business income for tax purposes.

Thanks Fellas, all useful stuff there to think about, will do a little research with G83/2 and 59. Also thanks for the volt drop reminder, might be quite an issue as the submain is pretty well loaded with an ASHP and hot tub on one chalet (35mm SWA on this one and 25mm on the others. Will get back to him also with the business issue... hopefully he will be aware as the whole supply is a business one. Cheers Mark

Reply to Help needed with Multiple array/ invertor/generation meter, single import meter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net