Discuss help needed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

guitargraham

Hi all, i am new to this forum and nned your help.
Does anybody know anything about a training company called access2 trade careers, i am looking at signing up with them but cant find any feed back anywhere.
I know from threads ive read a lot of you think these are expensive but after being made redundant after 22 years in the motor trade selling, and this industry is now dead i need some thing to turn to in the near future.

Thanks in advance

Graham

Graham welcome!

Personally I have never heard of a access 2 trade but I would seriously look at your local college first because they are generally much cheaper.

There is no such thing as a quick fix to become an electrician and you will be looking at several years of hard study and training.

The courses can be very intense with absolutely loads of info to take in and grasp so the more time you spend on it the more you will find you will digest.

I am not saying this to put you off but just to give you a clear picture.

Unfortunately there are far to many companies offering courses to become an electrician in short times that are unrealistic.

Hi warrenG thanks for input, but in curent situation and no chance of going back to what i have always done for some time i need to move on quickly.
I realize there is no quick fix but now somebody who will give me days here and there when i have a bit of knowledge, and i am going to drive a taxi in the mean time will i study. I have signed up to access 2 trade and just waiting for the 1st module to arrive, will give feedback and keep you all up todate on how things go.
Really enjoying reading items on the forum.

Cheers

Graham

Graham,

i just emailed you via the forum i hope you got its regarding access2, if you have not reply to this message and i will send it again.

I too am looking at this company cost is a lot for what it seems so any info on this would also be useful to post here or send to me too please

Hi Daizy
If its any help ive signed up with them and received my 1st module a week last Saturday, quite basic really, 3 books and course folder ( not sure what i was expecting? ).

Sat down Monday after taking kids to school and started, by page 16 became stuck on a math formula, so thought i would put them to the test, 10.30 logged my call, 11.15 call back but lady couldn't help and said she would get a tutor to ring me, would be a lunch break as they were all teaching, 1.15 call came from tutor and took me through so i fully understood the equation.
Each module has 6 asser marked assetments (AMAs) which you have to complete before you go for your weeks pratical, passed my 3rd today and have spoken with them a couple of times regarding answer and they have been very helpful.
i am very impressed and feel i had made the right choice, time will tell, but i feel i am on the road to a new beginning, and if you read my post you will understand.
After i complete my next 3 AMAs i will book my week pratical and post an update.

Best of luck
Graham

ps. i have spoken to 2 companys who have said when i complete my 2nd module which i think takes me to NVQ3 they may have placements for a electricians mate, so fingers crossed.

Hi Graham

Thanks for the info on access2trade, I am currently in a similar situation to yourself, I have spoken to them and have a place I am just getting some feedback on the many companies out there before I make a decision, I was impressed with them. Any additional info would be very well recieved. Did you sign up for the full 4 module or the 3 module course. You can email me.

Cheers Mark

Hi Mark

I signed up for the 4 modules, thought in for a penny in for a pound.

Just passed my sixth AMA and booked on for my 1st training week end of March.

will update thread on completion.

Graham

Hi I am looking to sign up with the same company access2 if someone could email me any further information I would appreciate it. My main concern would be in the current climate what are the chances of getting a job after you have finished your training?

Can anybody give me an idea of the cost of their courses, as there is nothing on their website?

Thanks in advance:)

Hi

It costs between 4500 and 5500 depending upon whether you do 4 modules or 2 the 2 modules covers your part p and the other 2 cover your 17th edition

What!!!

Your paying £5500 for a Part P qualification (presumably 2393) and the 17th edition.

I'd want 2330 L2/L3, 2391 and 17th for that - and I'd want a limo to take me to my practicals!!! lol

I tell a lie - I wouldn't pay that much for all that!

Thats a ridiculous amount of money, chaps, considering you have to teach yourselves

Wayne

Hi again,

Just had a quick look at what you get for your money (on the EAL website) - the only thing to worry about

is this quote from the course description:

"
"The Level 2 Certificate for Domestic Electrical Installers is suitable for those
who carry out electrical work in association with or for their main work
activity under the scope of Part P. Successful candidates will have
achieved the understanding of a domestic electrical installer
(though not an electrician) and will be able to demonstrate
their knowledge to be nominated as a ‘Qualified
Supervisor’ with a Competent Persons Scheme."

All depends what you want at the end, I suppose. Still a lot of money though!!

Cheers

Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I am also on this training course and am finding it very good at the moment. I have just completed my first 6 part and waiting for the practical section to be booked. I have found it very intense and i had to push my maths to the limit. You need to read carefully and i found lots of usefull information on the internet to help out.All seems ok at the moment but i am only in the early stages so will update you how it progresses,, would also like to hear from others on the same course .. steve

Hi

It costs between 4500 and 5500 depending upon whether you do 4 modules or 2 the 2 modules covers your part p and the other 2 cover your 17th edition

hi i have college prospectus in front of me
domestic electrical installer
eal certificate ( patr p )
17 units
18 weeks 1 day/eve
£285
17th edition iee wiring regulations; C&G certificate
10 weeks 1 eve
£158
inspection and testing C&G 2391
12 weeks 1 eve
£190

hi i have college prospectus in front of me
domestic electrical installer
eal certificate ( patr p )
17 units
18 weeks 1 day/eve
£285
17th edition iee wiring regulations; C&G certificate
10 weeks 1 eve
£158
inspection and testing C&G 2391
12 weeks 1 eve
£190

The 2330 full time course to level 3 has cost me £1100 so far. Add on the 2391 and the 17th which i'm doing over summer and you have a much better qualification for a lot less money. I don't get how these guys are operating, unless I'm entirely misunderstanding exactly what they do?

Hi guys, just got back from my 1st weeks traning with Access 2 trade and will do a new thread on the course, but to quickly answer your questions.
To Liverbird76 new thread when i have time will help and about work after thats like how longs a piece of string but the fact you have invested in your self will impress any new employeer.
To Stevenray58 wait for new thread.
To Olddog & Victorcrane the course includes all exam costs with 1 re-sit if required, all study books and a very impressive tool kit and tool box. And bear in mind a lot of us are doing this whilst working full time so cant do a full time collage course and nightschool takes to long. But when i get round to new thread i will go into more detail. But thanks for the interest.
Hopefully got us some new members so they may give there point of view.

Regards

Graham

Reply to help needed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock