Discuss Help (niceic question) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

tomob7

Hi Guys,

New to this site, only joined this evening.

I run a small electrical company in the west midlands. Used to run a company with a partner who went personally bankrupt so we shut the company down and i went on my own taking a few lads across from the old company.

One of the guys i took was the NICEIC supervisor. (Myself, i will be honest and say im more a business man than electrician but can do the basics and generally know most things but thats why i employ electricians)

As i was saying, one of the guys i took was the NICEIC supervisor. unfortunatley due to me opening a new company we couldnt just transfer the old NIC to the new company as we breached one of there rules etc so we have applied again and shortly have our assessment.

The help i need guys is, the supervisor has mentioned leaving and going on a new venture which would put me in the ****! Im not qualified to be NIC nore are my other 2x electricians on board.

My question is, we carry out wiring for many conservatory companies in domestics. Does my company have to be NIC registered? the easy answer is, recruit a new electrician with the skills of an NICEIC supervisor but there not easy to find these days!

I have friends with there own businesses and they are both NICEIC registered. The other option is could i get them to certfiy my works? that way i dont have to be nic registered.

What do you guys think or suggest?? Really dont want to be left in the **** with this if he decides to walk away!

Thanks guys

Speak to NICEIC direct mate dont know what you mean by supervisor Im a sole trader and applied naming myself as the applicatant the form asks for my supervisor when I spoke to them I was also the supervisor and filled my details in.

If you have the EAL VRQ you can register yourself for domestic work and all you need after that is the C&G 2382 within 12 months

Hope that helps

Chris

Thanks Chris. We are a limited company mate. By supervisor i meant Qualified supervisor. Obviously if your going to be NIC registered then you need to appoint a qualified supervisor. As i said im only the boss and are no where near qualified enough to be appointed hence the reason if our supervisor goes am i scuppered??

Reply to Help (niceic question) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock