Discuss HELP PLEASE!!! 2365/615 electrical system designs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

John J

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

So I’ve recently started my level 3 course and I’m doing electrical system designs the one with the hotel extension and pool and cafe block I’ve done question 1 but stuck on all of question 2 some guidance would be appreciated thanks.

J

JAWS

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
Just reading through that scares the hell out of me. Not looking forward to this unit at all.

Strima

Strima

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Don't treat the question as a whole, break it down into its individual parts.

So for part A search online for luminaires and select ones that fill the criteria in the question.

For example 600x600mm LED panel lights 40w rating 4000K colour. Some units will be fitted with 3 hour emergency backup units to comply with emergency lighting regulations.

Units will have to have a suitable IP rating to use within the pool area, refer to section 7 of BS7671 for specific IP ratings in pool areas etc etc.

Loki

Loki

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Hi John,

I'm currently doing the same project.

The hotel rooms are like premier inns rooms. sockets either side of beds, 2 double socket on table for tv, kettle etc & socket by the sofa, heater fcu by the door & towel rail fcu outside of the bathroom.
CU in each room by the door.

when i get back home i'll convert my visio file to pdf & pm you so you can take a look.

maybe we can buddy up on this & throw ideas about?

Michael

S

Silly Sausage

For a further hint:
I used to Inspect hotels, each floor had a distribution board supplying small (4 or 6 way) boards in each room. Maybe a power cct, lights, shower etc ...

T

Toneyz

Hi John,

I'm currently doing the same project.

The hotel rooms are like premier inns rooms. sockets either side of beds, 2 double socket on table for tv, kettle etc & socket by the sofa, heater fcu by the door & towel rail fcu outside of the bathroom.
CU in each room by the door.

when i get back home i'll convert my visio file to pdf & pm you so you can take a look.

maybe we can buddy up on this & throw ideas about?

Michael
Do they have consumer units in each room?

T

Toneyz

Yes helps make it easier for load balancing on 3phase & also for not inducing faults into other rooms when a fault occurs.

Also hallway has CU
I take it that this is locked away behind an access panel.

freddo

freddo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Yes and the last one I looked in was a right untidy mess, and it was only 4 circuits!

A

alx

-
Reaction score
Hi, I am doing level 3 electrical system deign assignments and I need some help please.

A

alx

-
Reaction score
Hi, I am doing level 3 electrical system deign assignments and I need some help please.

A

alx

-
Reaction score
I’ve recently started my level 3 course and I’m doing electrical system designs the one with the hotel extension and pool and café block but I stuck on all of question some guidance would be appreciated thanks

M

mrd

-
Reaction score
rather than doing my drawing for the hotel room by hand is there a software i could use, because drawing all the cables on paper looks messy

T

Toneyz

So I’ve recently started my level 3 course and I’m doing electrical system designs the one with the hotel extension and pool and cafe block I’ve done question 1 but stuck on all of question 2 some guidance would be appreciated thanks.
Am I missing something here on these courses are they not supposed to teach you something followed by you use this learning and use it to complete the project?

Loki

Loki

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Am I missing something here on these courses are they not supposed to teach you something followed by you use this learning and use it to complete the project?

I agree anthonybragg
Seems to that a lot of new members joining today & yesterday are wanting help but their not asking any questions other than can i see your project so i know what to do?
Sorry but your designing it not me, im happy to respond to specific questions but remember like you im also on a time limit doing my project.
Maybe show a mentor via pm what you have done so they can then guide you in the right direction?

S

Silly Sausage

I’ve recently started my level 3 course and I’m doing electrical system designs the one with the hotel extension and pool and café block but I stuck on all of question some guidance would be appreciated thanks

The traditional response to this is: Give it a go, show us your attempt and people will critic it.
You'll learn bugger all copying other people's work.

Harsh but fair! :)

J
Reaction score
does anyone have a PDF copy of the original paper please, currently doing this project and cant get another copy printed by end of the month

H
Reaction score
Can anyone help with question 2f it says show on the copy of the drawing any further distribution boards that may be required in the hotel extension.
Obviously there’s 1 for each room so that’s 14 but I don’t know anywhere else that I’d need one, Anyone give any advice?

Charlie_

Charlie_

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Shame they didn’t have these forums when I was doing the c course, there may have been more than just the 2 of us left on the course :laughing:

Reply to HELP PLEASE!!! 2365/615 electrical system designs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical News from Electricians Forums and Friends

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.