Discuss HELP PLEASE!!! 2365/615 electrical system designs in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

2a - Find some lights, print off manufacturers data on said lights

2b - Draw on the positions of the lights

2c - Draw on sockets and FCUs

2d - Draw on each circuit on such a way that a fault with 1 circuit will not affect another

2e - devise a numbering method to ID circuits in relation to the circuit number, room number and/or phase

2f - Draw on any additional distribution boards of you deem th necessary

2g - Draw on lighting circuits in relation to the pool and show switching positions

2h - devise a numbering method to ID circuits in relation to the circuit number, location and/or phase

2i - Annotate drawings with symbols compliant with BS EN 60617.
im the same john stuck on question 2 a 2b right to 2i

I’m suck with the question attached 615 2365 electrical design project ? question 5 2 hours still can’t work out the answer
Easy method, use the adiabatic equation to find out the size

S = ✓ I^2 * t / k

I = the current required to operate the device
t = disconnection time required for the device
k = factor given for the cable selected - Typically 115

So for argument's sake, let's say we have a fault current of 320 (taken from your trip curves) a time of 0.1 (taken from your device operating times) and a K factor of 115 (taken from the tables following the trip times)

S = ✓ I^2 * t / k
S = ✓ 320^2 * 0.1 / 115
S = ✓ 102,400 * 0.1 / 115
S = ✓ 10,240 / 115
S = 101.19 / 115
S = 10.05

As there is no conductor with a CSA of 10.5, you select the next size up, in this case 16mm^2

The above is purely and illustration and values may not be accurate but it serves to show how to lay out the equation so that you can understand what is going on at each step.

Hope this helps

Easy method, use the adiabatic equation to find out the size

S = ✓ I^2 * t / k

I = the current required to operate the device
t = disconnection time required for the device
k = factor given for the cable selected - Typically 115

So for argument's sake, let's say we have a fault current of 320 (taken from your trip curves) a time of 0.1 (taken from your device operating times) and a K factor of 115 (taken from the tables following the trip times)

S = ✓ I^2 * t / k
S = ✓ 320^2 * 0.1 / 115
S = ✓ 102,400 * 0.1 / 115
S = ✓ 10,240 / 115
S = 101.19 / 115
S = 10.05

As there is no conductor with a CSA of 10.5, you select the next size up, in this case 16mm^2

The above is purely and illustration and values may not be accurate but it serves to show how to lay out the equation so that you can understand what is going on at each step.

Hope this helps
Thanks for this it’s just different this level 3 as I’m dyslexic not with reading and writing but with maths and new things of of my comfort zone

What you struggling on? Show us what you have and we'll offer some guidance.
Hi,

I don't currently have any pictures but I've drawn out on the hotel rooms how each would be wired for what the spec asks for. After reading through and breaking down the task sheet and looking around the forum I am beginning to understand this more taking it a bit at at time. I have less than 2 weeks so I was in a bit of a panic.

This is a question I do not understand

"Select, with the aid of manufacturers’ data, a suitable range of circuit protective devices for this
contract. Your selection should be based on the following
 Prospective short circuit currents
 Requirements for additional protection and special locations"

Hi,

I don't currently have any pictures but I've drawn out on the hotel rooms how each would be wired for what the spec asks for. After reading through and breaking down the task sheet and looking around the forum I am beginning to understand this more taking it a bit at at time. I have less than 2 weeks so I was in a bit of a panic.

This is a question I do not understand

"Select, with the aid of manufacturers’ data, a suitable range of circuit protective devices for this
contract. Your selection should be based on the following
 Prospective short circuit currents
 Requirements for additional protection and special locations"
Ok, easy;
Select a suitable range of OCPDs generically (B6, C32 60898/61009s) them download the datasheets from a manufacturer of your choosing and add them to the assignment.

You should be able to calculate PFCs based on Uo and calculated Zs from estimated cable run sizes (assume you have Ze?)

As for special locations, here's a RCD Omission matrix from a different project to help (attached)

HELP PLEASE!!! 2365/615 electrical system designs Adobe Scan 01 Jun 2021_1 - EletriciansForums.net
Column 1 Circuit name
Column 2 applicable 7671 regulations
Column 3 reasons for RCD Omission
Column 4 RCD Required? Y/N

Heyo lads, I’ve currently finished my Level 3 course and only have this Hotel Design project to hand in to complete it. I have 3 weeks to hand it in before I fail.

Due to COVID, job losses, family losses, I’ve only just managed to pick myself up and get round to it. Having finished my course a couple of months ago, I’m kind of stuck on a lot of questions and unsure where to go from here.

Mainly the drawings, unsure of the correct symbols to use, colours to use and where to place them.

If anyone could give some guidance on this project an help with a few questions it would he much appreciated, I already see some of the posts in the past can help so i’ll also use them.

Feel free to pm me or reply :)

thank you

Heyo lads, I’ve currently finished my Level 3 course and only have this Hotel Design project to hand in to complete it. I have 3 weeks to hand it in before I fail.

Due to COVID, job losses, family losses, I’ve only just managed to pick myself up and get round to it. Having finished my course a couple of months ago, I’m kind of stuck on a lot of questions and unsure where to go from here.

Mainly the drawings, unsure of the correct symbols to use, colours to use and where to place them.

If anyone could give some guidance on this project an help with a few questions it would he much appreciated, I already see some of the posts in the past can help so i’ll also use them.

Feel free to pm me or reply :)

thank you
Throw th up here and we'll see what we can help with. A fair few questions have been asked in recent months about the hotel project so you might find your answer with a bit of scrolling and searching

Hi guys, new to the forum. Can some one tell me how I can get access to the trainee forum? Everytime I click on the link Apply to Gain Access to Trainee-Only Forum, it stays on the same page.

I'm probably just being a bit thick!

Reply to HELP PLEASE!!! 2365/615 electrical system designs in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock