Discuss HELP PLEASE!!! 2365/615 electrical system designs in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I’ve recently started my level 3 course and I’m doing electrical system designs the one with the hotel extension and pool and café block but I stuck on all of question some guidance would be appreciated thanks

rather than doing my drawing for the hotel room by hand is there a software i could use, because drawing all the cables on paper looks messy

So I’ve recently started my level 3 course and I’m doing electrical system designs the one with the hotel extension and pool and cafe block I’ve done question 1 but stuck on all of question 2 some guidance would be appreciated thanks.
Am I missing something here on these courses are they not supposed to teach you something followed by you use this learning and use it to complete the project?

Am I missing something here on these courses are they not supposed to teach you something followed by you use this learning and use it to complete the project?

I agree anthonybragg
Seems to that a lot of new members joining today & yesterday are wanting help but their not asking any questions other than can i see your project so i know what to do?
Sorry but your designing it not me, im happy to respond to specific questions but remember like you im also on a time limit doing my project.
Maybe show a mentor via pm what you have done so they can then guide you in the right direction?

I’ve recently started my level 3 course and I’m doing electrical system designs the one with the hotel extension and pool and café block but I stuck on all of question some guidance would be appreciated thanks

The traditional response to this is: Give it a go, show us your attempt and people will critic it.
You'll learn bugger all copying other people's work.

Harsh but fair! :)

Can anyone help with question 2f it says show on the copy of the drawing any further distribution boards that may be required in the hotel extension.
Obviously there’s 1 for each room so that’s 14 but I don’t know anywhere else that I’d need one, Anyone give any advice?

Shame they didn’t have these forums when I was doing the c course, there may have been more than just the 2 of us left on the course :laughing:
Do you mean the old C cert C&G technician graded, the one I did back in the 70's. If so, that was some course and used to be worth a great deal.....and now, all the JIB give me on a gold card is regs and T&I.
Regarding forums, I don't think we'd even got our hands on a calculator.:(

Yes that’s the one!
I did it in about 94/95..
it was very hard and required a lot of work and very good lecturers...
Probably why it ended up getting scrapped..
It was a well respected qualification which unfortunately doesn’t seem to have much clout these days apart from those that are more old school

Do you mean the old C cert C&G technician graded, the one I did back in the 70's. If so, that was some course and used to be worth a great deal.....and now, all the JIB give me on a gold card is regs and T&I.
Regarding forums, I don't think we'd even got our hands on a calculator.:(
When I did mine late 80's/90's we used acetate overlays sometimes today I think that they should still use it as with doing it with AutoCAD they still manage to clash sockets behind rads etc.

Yes that’s the one!
I did it in about 94/95..
it was very hard and required a lot of work and very good lecturers...
Probably why it ended up getting scrapped..
It was a well respected qualification which unfortunately doesn’t seem to have much clout these days apart from those that are more old school
They'd already downgraded it by then, believe it or not. Still a great qualification to have, though.
Three basic sections, Regs, electrical principles and project.
Some thought they'd hit the heights with the 'B cert' (Approved Electrician)

And no internet for doing research, we had to get all the catalogues out, trawl through pages of specs, all calculations done from our own books..
And we all wonder why the trade has drastically dumbed down... to quote Mr Trump... SAD

Compare that to the farce of an exam I did last week.. 18th edition, multiple choice and you take the regs in with you..
The most difficult task was having to multiply a number by itself due to the calculators we had to use having no square function

So I’ve recently started my level 3 course and I’m finding hard to understand assessment 615 electrical system designs the one with the hotel extension and pool and cafe block I stuck on all of questions some guidance would be appreciated thanks.

Reply to HELP PLEASE!!! 2365/615 electrical system designs in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock