Discuss Help Please - Conduit Bend for Exam in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

ebow72

-
Reaction score
I am about to do my C&G 2330-206 Practical Exam (Bay in a Day)
The wiring of the circuits I find pretty easy, however I have only bent conduit once before, please can anyone give me any tips?
I have 1mtr of Steel conduit with a distance of 250mm from Main CCU to Sub main, incorporating I think a s bend or double set bend? I don't think the height of the sub main makes a lot of difference to my question as there is no height between Main CCU and Sub Main, just distance of 250mm.I suppose you would look at it as a sideways 'S'....
My idea was to measure the length, get the center and from the center measure out each way 125mm and bend from there? Any tips or advice would be great as I have to do this monday...
http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...30-206-practical-exam-bay-day.html#post280197

Thank You
Hopefully if anyone can help, it may help others too..
I am pretty new to this forum. but have found it such a great source of info and advice..

on the bender if you look at the former, the circuilar part, well think of it as a 90 bend, when the conduit is on the top put a level on the side part and mark the conduit that will be the outside edge of you bend, so u can easliy measure lengths. hope this help hard to explain though have a practice or try youtube

mark out your path and just measure to back of bend, havent done much steel conduit myself, and we dont have steel conuit or pyro in are 206

we done an exercise during year two wich incorparated every bend that you'l need, 90 degree bend, off set, bubble (over piece of uni strut), s bend and running coupler, first time was awkward for me, but you get there

Hmmmmm!! ....So just how many electricians are out there, can't design or bend steel conduit, design or fabricate steel tray work, Design or fabricate steel trunking?? I've already realised that you can probably count the numbers of ''new'' electricians able to work with MICC/Pyro on one hand these days!!!!

What i don't quite understand with the OPs question, is how come there asking you to undertake a task in an C&G exam, if you haven't been previously taught, as part of your training??

Somewhere on these forums, i remember a member submitting a ''how to do'' on bending conduit which resembled very much the way i was taught, and probably many others here too. Try searching in the ''similar threads'' at the bottom of this page!!!

Hmmmmm!! ....So just how many electricians are out there, can't design or bend steel conduit, design or fabricate steel tray work, Design or fabricate steel trunking?? I've already realised that you can probably count the numbers of ''new'' electricians able to work with MICC/Pyro on one hand these days!!!!

What i don't quite understand with the OPs question, is how come there asking you to undertake a task in an C&G exam, if you haven't been previously taught, as part of your training??

Somewhere on these forums, i remember a member submitting a ''how to do'' on bending conduit which resembled very much the way i was taught, and probably many others here too. Try searching in the ''similar threads'' at the bottom of this page!!!

pyro and steel conduit have been taken out of am2 aswell, still a very much needed skill i'd say

I think the way the industry is going,the powers that be dont sector in the conduit and pyro skills because its something that would require a better standard of training which can be ignored to a large extent for domestic only newbies

Alright there 'Engineer54', the main problem is this....the college these days are not able to teach manual skills other than wiring as they don't have the knowledge themselves. I am 38 and pretty hands on and pretty good at most things, I was shown in my level 2, back in January 2011 how to bend a piece of conduit, admittedly it was a 'S' bend, but In my opinion once is not enough when it comes to a new skill as such as 'bending'.
I only ask as if anything is out of place, or doesn't meet the dimensions as per layout, I get a credit...not good enough for me...I can work with pyro no problem, any other type of cable is not a problem at all, however money is now a big issue at colleges through out the country and they are reluctant to issue you with materials that cost more than their usual budget...thank you for your reply and I'll have a look for other threads.
In answer to you 2nd Question, as it's a college based course, the theory is C&G based, however the practical is College based as they have to prove each individual is competent as a 'Trainee, apprentice or whatever you want to call it' Once done you are eligible to proceed to the level 3 2330 or 2357 whatever LMC is now offering.... Thanks again

I've heard of this several times now, to me this is a sad state of affairs when a training facility are unable to give the student the required training to which they are undertaking!! ..Bit of an all round nonsense to me!!!

Reply to Help Please - Conduit Bend for Exam in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net