Discuss Help please in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gunny

I have just changed a consumer unit and when i put any appliance on in the kitchen it trips the rcd i have done all the tests on the circuit and can't find a fault,any suggestions as it is driving me insane !!!!!!!

Either you have crossed the neutrals between the RCD's in the CU, you have a neutral in the wrong place in the CU or a faulty appliance.

Hi.

Either a dodgy appliance, or crossed neutrals in the neutral bars in the D.B

We could be bloody twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Help please in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Been a while since I have been on here. I have been on an apprenticeship the last 3 years training in the BMS world. Taking that into...
Replies
Views
Hi I am asking for help as a novice and 1st time user of this forum. Recently started to experience tripping of MCB & sometimes with the RCD at...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
Help please! I need a Tesla Gen 2 EV charger fitted in my garage which is 22m from the consumer unit. My electrician is proposing to route a 6mm...
Replies
Views
An RCD keeps tripping. Please see attached photo of the board (2 photos attached). I’ll call the breakers: MCB (1) marked ‘Upstairs lighting’...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock