Discuss Help - Random protruding rocker switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

kelv156

DIY
Reaction score
I have noticed a large protruding rocker switch in the corner of a bedroom which is near to the floor. Does anyone know what this could relate to? There are no appliances, lights or other related electrical items near it.

Attachments

• 20200320_174814.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 23
Looks like a 45a isolator, is there an electric shower the other side by any chance?......if you are competent enough isolate the power and remove the cover it may not even have any cable in it anymore....

It is. But it appears to have no effect on the shower. It works whichever way I leave the switch
Does anything else go off? Cooker?....as before isolate if you feel able and check inside

Reply to Help - Random protruding rocker switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I am asking for help as a novice and 1st time user of this forum. Recently started to experience tripping of MCB & sometimes with the RCD at...
Replies
Views
I have an issue with a home lighting circuit 6A RCBO provides power to 13 bulbs which randomly keeps tripping, when I say randomly it keeps...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I posted here some time ago asking for validation of a quote I received for a rewire. (10k assumed 60 points) And got some good advice so...
Replies
Views
Hi New to this forum, Just looking for some advise as a DIY person. I have recently purchased a new home. I have come across a wall light which...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock