Discuss Help Regarding 3 Phase Installer. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

truly

I live in London and need a 3 phase supply to my home. Can anybody let me know who i get to install 3 phase please, i have been quoted a small fortune from UK Power Networks and was hoping there would be a lloyds accredited contractor out there that could assist at a better rate. Thanks for your assistance. Geoff

I live in London and need a 3 phase supply to my home. Can anybody let me know who i get to install 3 phase please, i have been quoted a small fortune from UK Power Networks and was hoping there would be a lloyds accredited contractor out there that could assist at a better rate. Thanks for your assistance. Geoff

You need to ask your supplier or the local DNO.

Don't know what a Lloyds accredited contractor has got to do with it?

Last edited:

no idea, was told told by uk power networks that work must be carried out by a lloyds accredited contractor. just want a few quotes so advice on who to ask. Thanks.

You need to contact your electricity supplier, that is the outfit to whom you pay your bill. Tell them you wish to apply for an increase in electricity supply, they will either send you the forms direct, or give you a number to ring to get the forms. Once you have received them you will need an Electrical Contractor to help you fill it in, as they will specify the KVa required etc etc, which will mean nothing to you if you are not an Electrician.

Cheers.........Howard

You need to contact your electricity supplier, that is the outfit to whom you pay your bill. Tell them you wish to apply for an increase in electricity supply, they will either send you the forms direct, or give you a number to ring to get the forms. Once you have received them you will need an Electrical Contractor to help you fill it in, as they will specify the KVa required etc etc, which will mean nothing to you if you are not an Electrician.

Cheers.........Howard

Thanks Howard. I have done that thru edf my supplier and they sent me on to UK Power Networks who quoted me £5k, i nearly fell off my chair. So i asked them if there is anybody else i could get a quote from and thats when they told me about anybody with lloyds accredited blah blah blah can do it. Apart from UK Power networks does any know another company that can quote me. Sorry about this. Thanks, Geoff

UK Power Networks who quoted me £5k

It wouldn't suprise me at all. A client of ours had his house upgraded from single phase to three phase, and it cost him £1250. When you consider that the three phases were literally 10 meters from his meter then I can understand where they got your 5k from! Extortion really, but I feel you probibly have no choice.

Thanks Howard. I have done that thru edf my supplier and they sent me on to UK Power Networks who quoted me £5k, i nearly fell off my chair. So i asked them if there is anybody else i could get a quote from and thats when they told me about anybody with lloyds accredited blah blah blah can do it. Apart from UK Power networks does any know another company that can quote me. Sorry about this. Thanks, Geoff

Ask for a breakdown of costs, it's your right to know. If you are unhappy with the breakdown of costs, or feel that the costs do not reflect the true costing of the works involved ....contact/complain to the body overseeing the industry....normally some sort of OFF something or other!! ...lol!! I've heard of substantial savings being imposed on some of these crazy unfounded quotes that the DNOs try and impose on their customers....

Lloyds accreditation is a licencing scheme for third party contractors to carry out contestable connection work. You're right in as much as, a Lloyds accredited connection installer will probably charge a lot less than central networks.

Mate of a mate (house builder) is a Lloyds connection chappy.

If you're based in the East Midlands I could get you the number of my mates blokey.

pm me for details if reqd.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Help Regarding 3 Phase Installer. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net