Discuss Help req. in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

oldlaw16

I have to put a fan in a shower area,so have gone for the 12v manrose bathroom fan which comes with a transformer. I was hoping that when you put on the light switch via a pull cord that the transformer can be wired up so that the fan came on as well. My electrician friend now informs me that I will need a cord for the light and a cord for the transformer. Is their a way of connecting the transformer and the light switch so i need only one cord as their will also be a cord for the electric shower. Thanks. Lawrence:confused:

as the electrician is a friend.he is doing it as a favour. I have NO idea about electrics so am using the internet and this forum to try and find someway of doing this so their are no pullcords all over the place. if you could just explain this in easy terms so that I can give it to him. ta

My electrician says that the transformer has to have its own power supply? Thats the fan right enough. anybody any ideas regarding wiring.:confused:

I require the light in their as well working of the 1 switch. Is this right. 230v to light,light to transformer?:(

if your lights are wired are wired in loop in then...........

a 3 core from your bathroom light to a 3 pole isolator, then a 3 core from your isolator to your 230v side of your transformer, then a 3 core from your 12v side of the transformer to your fan.

its as simple as that. about an 1 hrs work.

if your wired feed to the switch then a bit more complicated but not much more time.

Reply to Help req. in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock