Discuss Help, shower cable overheating in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Thebear101

Hi I've fitted a new shower with a 10 mm cable connected from a 45 amp breaker (neutral to neutral bar and earth to earth bar) to a 45 amp double pole switch then to the shower. Once the shower has been running for about 10 mins the neutral in the consumer starts to seriously overheat, any ideas on where I've gone wrong?

Hi I've fitted a new shower with a 10 mm cable connected from a 45 amp breaker (neutral to neutral bar and earth to earth bar) to a 45 amp double pole switch then to the shower. Once the shower has been running for about 10 mins the neutral in the consumer starts to seriously overheat, any ideas on where I've gone wrong?

yes. you don't have a clue what you are doing. get a local electrician in.

The neutrals on EF are probably warming up as well :)

I'm just going to ignore this thread before I need to have a very COLD shower!!!

no mention of test results or if there's RCD protection. i give up: i really do. drives one to drink, don't it?

just seen his location.. glasgow. probably pi$$ed .

I was up your neck of the woods last week..a little call and I would have been round to help.......................honest!!

Did you use a Torque Screwdriver to tighten the terminal screws??

This is VERY important - you simply cannot tighten screws without using a properly calibrated Torque Screwdriver!! To do so puts your house at risk of turning to ashes and you and your loved ones being visited by a plague of the pox and pestilence!! ;)

nah, it's in me 'and. a bootiful pint of pedigree.

This is VERY important - you simply cannot tighten screws without using a properly calibrated Torque Screwdriver!! To do so puts your house at risk of turning to ashes and you and your loved ones being visited by a plague of the pox and pestilence!! ;)

geordie. this is just for you. a bit of scouse humour. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVOmf28QGEQ

Aye, you can do it live, too, with one of them.......if you don't switch off.

Reply to Help, shower cable overheating in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net