Discuss help sourcing an MK MCB please? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Smudge

afternoon all,

I'm looking for a 40amp breaker to fit the board in the picture (if it works, please excuse, just been sent to me via a phone from a colleague on site). Breaker code i think should be MK LN5940 but i cant seem to find them anywhere, so looking for an alternative.

Any help appreciated.

MK.JPG

Looks like an old BS3871 type 2 breaker to me. Does the bus bar attach behind the screw rather than further back in a cage?

Looks like an old BS3871 type 2 breaker to me. Does the bus bar attach behind the screw rather than further back in a cage?

i'm not sure, not actually viisted site, just one of our sparks tried to have a quick look inbetween jobs and sent me the pic. I'll try pop round today to have a look properly.

thanks all, i was trying to avoid ebay as my company (the powers at be), frown on using ebay for materials. If that seems to be the only option, they will have to lump it. Thanks for taking the time.

sorry for not getting back in touch sooner, was off on a long weekend. Our wholesaler managed to track one down for me while i was away. Thanks again guys, and thanks for the offer High Tower, appreciated.

Reply to help sourcing an MK MCB please? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Been round to a house to quote to replace some storage heaters for new panel heaters and came across a strange (to me at least) way of wiring the...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, adult learner retraining and sorry if this is in the wrong place but I need help. my provider are being very cards against their chest...
Replies
Views
Due to an increase in load for a subman, I now need 2 phases for an outbuilding. Original design was 63a supply, but now an electric shower and...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock