Discuss HELP!! Upstairs sockets on downstairs ring!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jonesyc894

Need a little advice.

A customer has asked for two additional sockets in a bedroom. Upon quick inspection I have found the only available sockets to work off on the first floor are actually on the downstairs sockets circuit. I have explained to the customer that this is the case. Butt getting to a socket on the upstairs ring would cause to much damage, (which she doesn`t want, just re-decorated).

They don`t mind the additional sockets being put on downstairs ring, and it is possible to do. But not sure whether this is allowed.

Would record it on the cert that this is the case and mark the sockets identifying there on the downstairs, but would like to know if it is actully okay to do this???

P.S. Sorry for the essay

Carl

Just never done it like that before. Didn`t want DIYer coming along years from know switiching the upstairs CB off then taking socket face off, a getting a little surprise.

Just never done it like that before. Didn`t want DIYer coming along years from know switiching the upstairs CB off then taking socket face off, a getting a little surprise.

Update the circuit schedule at the consumer unit to reflect the change/addition and Bob's your uncle.

There's an arguement very strongly in favour for it. In event of fault you have effectively provided a socket where perhaps there wouldnt have been one working. You can have sockets all over theplace. As for muppets in the future they will always exist. Label the Cu well. Provide a ledgend or a key. Laminate it and cable tie it to it! :)

Then the Diyer should get himself trained to a standard that will make him competent to work on the electrics, rather than playing with something that could kill or injury him

Just get the tools out and wire them up
icon14.png
icon7.png

Reply to HELP!! Upstairs sockets on downstairs ring!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net