Discuss Help! VW Golf GTE Car Horn won't shut up in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum so apologies if this one is covered in a separate thread please feel free to redirect me :)

I have a 2017 (67 plate) GTE and 4 times in the past month the car horn sounds constantly for over 10 seconds, pauses for a second or two then sounds again constantly when I unlock the car, open the door and/or start the ignition, stop the car, and lock it. Once it starts, it goes off even when the car is locked. It's random, intermittent and of course very annoying...especially to my poor neighbours!

Dealership have tried so far 3 times to identify the fault but can't reproduce it. I have video footage of it happening that I've shared with them and it's with them now but they don't seem to have any idea what the cause might be.

A recent VW tech inspection found a fault that they fixed through their diagnostic systems
Name: HYBRID BATTERY CONTROL
DTC: P0E5E00, Battery charger, internal fault
System Type: -SYSTEM TYPE:47-

Next time they thought it was the horn relay switch so replaced that but next day, the horn sounded again when car was unlocked.

I charge the car every other day mainly using the standard UK 3 pin home charger plug but have also used the rapid chargers at work. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the issue and when it happens the only way to stop it is to remove F15 fuse to disable the car horn.

Anyone else had a similar problem? If so do you have any idea what the cause is?
Thanks

Looks like there is a recall for this issue I would go down to Vauxhall and wouldnt leave until the issue is fixed, google search say something regarding the wrong clip used.

Reply to Help! VW Golf GTE Car Horn won't shut up in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net