Discuss Help wiring a new wall light in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

iguana

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi everyone i wanted to put a new wall light in corridor with a switch, is it possible of taking the power from a light switch from other room the light switch has only got Red (Com) Black (L1) earth.
Any help much appreciated for best way to do this.

Is there a socket in the corridor? If there is, you could plug in a suitable lamp into the socket. The D-Line trunking available from Screwfix makes a neat job in some situations. You could hide the lamp flex inside such trunking.

Thanks for advice, i don't even have a socket in corrider. Looks like i will just have to leave it.

Reply to Help wiring a new wall light in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am planning to install wall lights such as these ones (LAP Bronx Outdoor Up & Down Wall Light Black - Screwfix -...
Replies
Views
Hi I want to add a light to my attic. There is a single switch on the landing that I want to change to a double switch and then use it to still...
Replies
Views
I have 2 lights connected to 1 switch. I installed a led light fixture on one light, it had one red wire and one black wires. It was easy to match...
Replies
Views
L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L
Hi, I have a single light switch, wired like this.. the 2 wires in com, with a always live wire coming to the switch, and then wire going out to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock