Discuss Help Wiring Honeywell Rf2 Pk3 Controls To Existing System Boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys & gals,

Wonder if anyone can help with my problem
Fitted a new honeywell RF2 pack 3 Heating controller with wireless room stat & cylinder stat for my neighbour a few days ago, which replaced a honeywell ST699B programmer.
The boiler is a Ideal Mexico Super 2 RS50 which i believe is wired as a C plan but without a motorised valve, its gravity HW with a pump on the CH which is located in the boiler itself. There was no cylinder stat fitted either.
There is no wiring centre as such, just a couple of connector blocks which were behind the old programmer to joint the original room stat cable. I replaced it for a wireless system due to damage to the stat cables.

The attached photo shows the wiring diagram for the boiler, which has a gas valve operated via a thermostat in the boiler.
It was wired as it shows and I connected the HW line to LB at the boiler and the CH line to LP along with neutral & earth too the supply & the pump.
However upon setting up the system the gas valve failed to operate when either HW 0r CH or both were called for, the pump however was running on both. I then linked out the 2 lines & that operate the gas valve when either HW or CH was called for. However now when the HW is switched on the CH also activates.

It does say in the honeywell manual that for gravity HW systems a suitable valve should be fitted however thats not an option.

Any ideas how i sort this out for them ?
Cheers
Graeme
IMG_0385.jpg

Hi guys & gals,

Wonder if anyone can help with my problem
Fitted a new honeywell RF2 pack 3 Heating controller with wireless room stat & cylinder stat for my neighbour a few days ago, which replaced a honeywell ST699B programmer.
The boiler is a Ideal Mexico Super 2 RS50 which i believe is wired as a C plan but without a motorised valve, its gravity HW with a pump on the CH which is located in the boiler itself. There was no cylinder stat fitted either.
There is no wiring centre as such, just a couple of connector blocks which were behind the old programmer to joint the original room stat cable. I replaced it for a wireless system due to damage to the stat cables.

The attached photo shows the wiring diagram for the boiler, which has a gas valve operated via a thermostat in the boiler.
It was wired as it shows and I connected the HW line to LB at the boiler and the CH line to LP along with neutral & earth too the supply & the pump.
However upon setting up the system the gas valve failed to operate when either HW 0r CH or both were called for, the pump however was running on both. I then linked out the 2 lines & that operate the gas valve when either HW or CH was called for. However now when the HW is switched on the CH also activates.

It does say in the honeywell manual that for gravity HW systems a suitable valve should be fitted however thats not an option.

Any ideas how i sort this out for them ?
Cheers
Graeme
View attachment 15102

Page 4 C plan.

http://www.honeywelluk.com/documents/Full-Install/pdf/1107.pdf

This system gravity hot water, pumped central heating was never designed to have the central heating on with out the hot water. Just the way it was designed

Reply to Help Wiring Honeywell Rf2 Pk3 Controls To Existing System Boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net