Discuss help with a fan speed controller in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

aleen

-
Reaction score
Hi guys
I'v got a question to do with a fan speed controller. it is Ziehl Abegg 560 mm, single phase. use electronic speed controller 6 amps..just replace a new same fan motor, when lower speed, controller temperture go up 30mins fuse(10amps)blow. when high speed , controller normal.. any advice?

Thanks in advance

Do you have Frequency inverters? Frequency inverters are ideal for use in the energy efficient control of all types of motors. ZIEHL-ABEGG supplies frequency inverters that are perfectly matched to customers' applications.

Do you have Frequency inverters? Frequency inverters are ideal for use in the energy efficient control of all types of motors. ZIEHL-ABEGG supplies frequency inverters that are perfectly matched to customers' applications.
hi there is no frequency inverters.it is takeaway extractor ,
s-l300.jpg
use electronic controller....so you mean I replace electronic controller to Auto Transformer Fan Speed Controllers??thx

Assuming it's wired correctly... the fan has a starting current of 9.3A and a full load current of 6A... could it be running it slowly increases the current draw beyond the 6A rating of the speed controller?

wired is correct..working normal at high speed,,,only low speed gets high temperature of speed controller... just wandering if i replace to 10 amps speed controller can sort out???

Blatant sales ploy :)

I think, as above, the best advice would be to get a sparky in to check it over. Best to be safe.

This could do with an electrician looking at it. Would be worth checking actual current draw of the fan with an ammeter when it is set at various speeds.

Is the fan connected using the 2 wire method? If so the 3 wire method is worth a trying and often greatly improves the control.

Reply to help with a fan speed controller in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net