Discuss Help with a letter to company I do work for in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tom79bmth

Hi All

I do a work for a company that manly do new kitchens. I have been doing it for a year or so now I want to write a letter to let the company know, that when I have finished my work it is safe and tested to regulation.

my worry is that the tilers come in and don't put some sockets back on etc. I pretty much always I leave the socket screws long enough for tiles etc but a couple times have been back to find socket and switches hanging off for a week or so with people living in the property.

So I would like them to know about this in writing to cover myself if anything did happen, That I have made the company aware of it in writing and done my best to stop it from happening but not sure how to word it etc

If anyone has something similar I could use or advise me many thanks

in the comments section write "all accessories left firmly fixed".

Not sure of legality of it all but I think if you see something happening and not make people- company aware of it in writing that you can be liable for it

right or wrong ??

tilers should contact you to safely isolate, loosen accessories, then call back after to refit and re-energise, obviously paying you for the time. and i just seen a pink pig fly past.

Look mate, if I return and that's an if, to a job for what ever reason and see any accessories loose because a tiler or decorator needed to work round them.
For what its worth, I just screw them back because its nothing in the scheme of things.

till a child sticks a metal utensil or it's fingers behind that unfixed socket front. even adults have been known to poke knives in toasters.

You need to becareful in writing letters, just like typing on a forum. People can get the wrong end of the stick, and could cost you the work........I would suggest a word in the right ear, to the contractor who pays you. Explain your concerns and a solution you think would correct the problem. His response will decide weather you made the right choice in talking first.

in the context of your post, i agree. i was just pointing out that there could be deeper issues if sockets are left unfixed.

If you have finished the work, tested, completed the EIC , then end of surely.

Reply to Help with a letter to company I do work for in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net