Discuss Help with a possible short in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Diagnosing a faulty ABS module. Manual say to remove ground cable from battery, disconnect abs harness, and probe for continuity between power pin 15/18 and ground. Multi meter shows 1.5K Ω and 7K Ω respectively. Is this an actual short?

not a short. a short would be under 10 ohms.

Diagnosing a faulty ABS module. Manual say to remove ground cable from battery, disconnect abs harness, and probe for continuity between power pin 15/18 and ground. Multi meter shows 1.5K Ω and 7K Ω respectively. Is this an actual short?
Has your metre got a continuity function, whereby it fives an audible sound rather than a resistance reading?

Reply to Help with a possible short in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I would love some help understanding an issue I’m having on a 16mm SWA cable running from the CU in my house to the CU in the shed. I believe...
Replies
Views
Mileage: 112223 - DTCs - P0480 cooling fan. Also codes in TIPM P0691, P0692 for cooling fan control circuit. Tests/Procedures Performed: 1...
Replies
Views
Has anyone taken apart their & self repaired it? 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT - Mileage: 112223 - DTCs - P0480 cooling fan. Also codes in TIPM...
Replies
Views
Hello and Happy New Year. It's not starting too well for me, excuse pun. Since Friday December 16th, The 2.4l Duratorq diesel won't start...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone We have a little problem with a heating system on one of the projects (quite big house in south Kensington) and we are looking for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock