Discuss Help with alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkyb

I installed an alarm system about 4 years ago and everything was fine until about a month ago when the client heard a chirping noise coming from the external bell box, I went around and checked the battery in the panel and it was ok so I set the alarm and it set properly and seemed to be working fine. He called me today again and told me that the external bell was again chirping like a bird. Any ideas what could be wrong.

Thank you

what voltage should i be getting on external bell battery and also panel bell too?
what other tests should be done on annual inspection.

thank you for your help

wasn't there a thread a few months ago about chirping bells. something to do with the extremely low temperatures . forget what it was causing, could be a poor batt. in the panel dragging the 13.6volt supply down.

could be the nicad in the bell box was too cold, so that might be a place to start. take a new bell box batt. and a new panel batt. for starters.

that's defeatist. i would measure the hold off voltage 1st at the panel and then at the sounder .

He hasn't got a sparrow in the loft has he?

Sorry bad joke.

Though probably not that daft seeing as I've had a call out for a faulty alarm panel as it was "beeping", I got there and within 5 seconds told the old dear that it was her freezer on auto defrost.

He hasn't got a sparrow in the loft has he?

Sorry bad joke.

Though probably not that daft seeing as I've had a call out for a faulty alarm panel as it was "beeping", I got there and within 5 seconds told the old dear that it was her freezer on auto defrost.
fu
nnily enough, i had a similar thing. was called out to the alarm panel beeping, and it was her smoke detector on low battery.

hi there i have an accenta alarm fitted in to my home which version i dont no as it being in some years, as far as i knew the panel did not work, the other day when i had a power cut my alarm box went off , beacuse of this i had to take the wires out of the panel to try and stop the alarm that did not work then the power unit and battery out that did not work either then went to the alarm outside took the wires out then it stop, looking to buy a new panel and alarm box, but what i am asking can some one help me to give me which wire goes in to the panel and box please tia

hi there i have an accenta alarm fitted in to my home which version i dont no as it being in some years, as far as i knew the panel did not work, the other day when i had a power cut my alarm box went off , beacuse of this i had to take the wires out of the panel to try and stop the alarm that did not work then the power unit and battery out that did not work either then went to the alarm outside took the wires out then it stop, looking to buy a new panel and alarm box, but what i am asking can some one help me to give me which wire goes in to the panel and box please tia
The new panel and box will have a small booklet included marked "installation instructions" just connect new panel as the booklet tells you too

Reply to Help with alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net