Discuss help with an electrical installation certificate. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

poolsharkuk

hi again guys,

I have 2 or 3 questions about the EIC.

Firstly, the “supply protectivedevice characteristics”,

its an old ceramic style rewireablefuse I cannot see any BS-EN numbers on, and I have no way of knowingthe rating, I rang the electricity company and they have no record ofit either, lol
what can I put in the box?

Secondly,
ive installed 2 new circuits (bothradials) on the original 12 way board, a double socket on one, and a13a spur on the other, at the moment nothing is plugged in the socketand nothing is connected to the spur, (there for future use) underthe section “particulars of installation referred to in thiscertificate” ....maximum demand load...! what do I put in there. DoI have to work out the maximum demand of EVERYTHING that is being fedfrom this DB even thou I didnt install it.

Lastly,
the socket and spur are in a hallway ofa commercial premisis do I still have to tick the main protectivebonding conductors and connection verified boxes, if not what can Iput down?

Thanks again guys I hope I havent askedto much of you,

1. it's a 3036 fuse and needs replacing. probably needs a new head. all you can enter on the cert. is what you can verify.2. max. demand... add all the MCB ratings an x 0.4.3. why can't you verify main protective conductors? get the size by looking and the Ze should confirm. and what about main bonding to be verified as well?

Sorry, I had to read the second question twice as I thought it read that you'd installed 2 circuits in some brothels! I must have sex daily, I mean dyslexia!

lol - bothradials to brothels is quite a leap - you may need professional help...but then it is Friday night so I take that back :)

are you sure its a 3036 fuse its a 3phase supply the fuses are about 6" high and 2"wide ceramic / rewireable,

I wasn't referring to the main earth, that is 16mm I can verify, I mean the supplementary bonding ie the gas and water.

add all the mcb,s and x 0.4.3 ,... I don't understand.

are you sure its a 3036 fuse its a 3phase supply the fuses are about 6" high and 2"wide ceramic / rewireable,

I wasn't referring to the main earth, that is 16mm I can verify, I mean the supplementary bonding ie the gas and water.

I think 3036 refers to the fuse wire, not the style of the carrier, so that would've been my best guess, yes you should always check the bonding, (before work commences) and advise upgrading if necessary,

he said to calculate your maximum demand, add the total overcurrent ratings of the protective devices then multiply by 0.43.

Last edited:

they are semi-encosed fuses to BS3036.
no doubt the service head will be cast...how many fuses are in that head?..3 or 4?

Supplementary bonding?
Do you mean main bonding conductors?

Boydy

Last edited by a moderator:
The gas and water are in the kitchen of this building supplied by a separate DB 20 meters away, yes they are bonded, but not from the DB I've been working on.

the 0.4 is just a rule of thumb diversity approximation. .

If that is a cast iron service head with rewireable (3036) fuses, get in touch with the DNO and request a replacement head. Those old heads have been deemed by the powers that be, as dangerous for both householders and DNO workers/contractors. This is a free service BTW. Many of these cast iron heads have been in service well in excess of 65 years. The DNO's have were instructed a good while ago to replace all such heads by Sept 2011, but there are still plenty of them around...

Reply to help with an electrical installation certificate. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net